Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Then it’s settled! I’m separating them tonight. Will actually give me a lot of peace of mind given recent events.

Thank you!!
That’s what it’s about having peace of mind seriously! Ummmmmm so all hatched lastnight and yesterday I have a mix of Silkys and EEs we transferred to kiwi who we gave the fake eggs to a few days ago and today she took to 7 of them perfectly! Here is a pic obviously u can’t see the babies but here she is being the best mama EVER! Here are also a few pics of the new chicks we got 12 ! I’ll get more pics later up close ones ! Kiwi lets us play with them no problem and so you all know IT DOES work to give a hen fake eggs and only in 4 days give her hatched babies….. I’m sure tho it depends on many factors this is kiwis 4th hatch and she never pecs us when we handle her and her babies ever. We did leave a few babies in the incubator so we aren’t giving them all in one day and left four eggs under her till we give her the last few. Hahahahaha success !!!! Kiwi is already teaching to drink and eat in just a few short hours and making sure all the other hens know what’s up. Making all the mama noises and talkin to the new babies! Makes me so happy it’s so cute I’m so glad this is working!

Attachments

• IMG_5270.jpeg
    IMG_5270.jpeg
    498.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5271.jpeg
    IMG_5271.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5263.jpeg
    IMG_5263.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5264.jpeg
    IMG_5264.jpeg
    344.5 KB · Views: 7
Ive had several hens who go nuts when they are broody and they hear a chick. They will come after me to get the chicks.

One does a little dance when she's getting chicks.

Had one hen years ago that never went fully broody. I don't think she liked setting eggs. She'd sit in the doorway and wait about time the chicks were going to hatch for other broodies. Then when the chicks were mobile, she'd steal chicks to raise. She liked chicks.

She’s stunning beautiful!!! Hahahahah yes us in this thread hahahahaha I know for me I just wanna cuddle with the super fluffy ones !
Thank you! I’m hoping her type will help improve my future lines! I’m no expert and still learning to evaluate but I think she’s got decent body shape and I just love her crest. Hoping I will get some quality babies from her❤️

Hey everyone,

I could really use some opinions and reassurances.
I bought a silkie pullet back in October. She was supposed to be 5 1/2 months old. It is now April and she is 11 months old and still no egg. Everything about her screams pullet to me, but, I have been wrong before when I first got silkies. These pictures were taken a few minutes ago. She is a pullet right?
DSCN2949.JPG
DSCN2950.JPG
DSCN2951.JPG
DSCN2952.JPG
DSCN2953.JPG
DSCN2954.JPG
DSCN2955.JPG
DSCN2956.JPG

These were taken last week.
DSCN2927.JPG
DSCN2926.JPG
DSCN2924.JPG
DSCN2917.JPG
DSCN2914.JPG
DSCN2912.JPG

Hey everyone,

I could really use some opinions and reassurances.
I bought a silkie pullet back in October. She was supposed to be 5 1/2 months old. It is now April and she is 11 months old and still no egg. Everything about her screams pullet to me, but, I have been wrong before when I first got silkies. These pictures were taken a few minutes ago. She is a pullet right?
View attachment 3795615View attachment 3795616View attachment 3795617View attachment 3795618View attachment 3795619View attachment 3795622View attachment 3795624View attachment 3795625
These were taken last week.
View attachment 3795627View attachment 3795628View attachment 3795630View attachment 3795631View attachment 3795632View attachment 3795633

Its female. Some can take a long time to lay. Make sure she doesn't have any place to hide eggs. I have sneaky silkies who will do that.

Back
Top Bottom