Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
Looks like the 8 eggs Chickaletta is sitting on aren't fertile or not developing 😫😰 I can't see any veins 😰.. The ones I tested before setting them were fertile so I thought I'd get 8 more babies 😭 .. And Puff is broody too and waiting for eggs for an Easter hatch! 😫😰😭 I think Rooster is too gentle and kind on the ladies or he's not very fertile for some reason. Don't know why I'm not getting fertile eggs! .. Wish I could get another rooster his colouring, I haven't seen another like it! He produces all different colour offspring from splash to grey to buff to white to black some solid colours and some not, I love the variety!

..For people who think Silkies don't like to perch or roost then here's more evidence...a pic of Charchar today..
IMG_20210310_131135.jpg
IMG_20210310_131324.jpg
IMG_20210310_131345.jpg

Looks like the 8 eggs Chickaletta is sitting on aren't fertile or not developing 😫😰 I can't see any veins 😰.. The ones I tested before setting them were fertile so I thought I'd get 8 more babies 😭 .. And Puff is broody too and waiting for eggs for an Easter hatch! 😫😰😭 I think Rooster is too gentle and kind on the ladies or he's not very fertile for some reason. Don't know why I'm not getting fertile eggs! .. Wish I could get another rooster his colouring, I haven't seen another like it! He produces all different colour offspring from splash to grey to buff to white to black some solid colours and some not, I love the variety!
I have tested my recent eggs and they are fertile! .. But, only from a black hen and a white hen so will all the ones from black hen be black / mostly black chicks? .. I'm going to set 5 eggs under each broody and if my first time mother fails her mothering duties on the first day then I'll slip her chicks under my old faithful broody hen.

Back
Top Bottom