Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 791 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.7%

• Total voters
So 99% of my chicks that hatched this month (40 chicks for October) are either Silkies or Polkies, but I did put four of Hikari’s eggs in the incubator just to see what they would look like. The chicks are then 3/4 silkie and 1/4 Ameraucana. Two of them were DIS before they hatched but these two hatched! 😃
One blue and one black. They’re super cute, seems they’re extra fluffy! The black one is already sold and thinking about keeping the blue one…:oops:
View attachment 2883641View attachment 2883642
Happy Halloween Everyone!❤️
View attachment 2883672
Oh my goodness, can they possibly get ANY cuter and floofier?!? I would totally keep the blue one 😁😁 so very adorable!! Happy Halloween 👻 🎃

So so so so so so so so SO cute!!! I wish my broodies would let me take pics of them! Updates?
Also, were the pics taken in your coop or on the lawn? It's so green!
Thats the enclosed area outside of the coop I seeded grass there -I have to keep mowing it though coz they don't eat it fast enough it keeps growing, as do the weeds haha.
Outside the enclosed area has no protection from sky predators but she takes her 3 chicks out most of the day there... We have a fig tree that offers some protection at least. (I decided to cull 2 chicks due to crossbeak)
IMG_20211028_105527.jpg
IMG_20211028_110420.jpg
IMG_20211028_105601.jpg

Thats the enclosed area outside of the coop I seeded grass there -I have to keep mowing it though coz they don't eat it fast enough it keeps growing, as do the weeds haha.
Outside the enclosed area has no protection from sky predators but she takes her 3 chicks out most of the day there... We have a fig tree that offers some protection at least. (I decided to cull 2 chicks due to crossbeak)
View attachment 2883838
View attachment 2883841
View attachment 2883843
They look so sweet out with their mama.❤️So sorry you had to cull the two crossbeaks. Must have been a tough decision.:hugs

So 99% of my chicks that hatched this month (40 chicks for October) are either Silkies or Polkies, but I did put four of Hikari’s eggs in the incubator just to see what they would look like. The chicks are then 3/4 silkie and 1/4 Ameraucana. Two of them were DIS before they hatched but these two hatched! 😃
One blue and one black. They’re super cute, seems they’re extra fluffy! The black one is already sold and thinking about keeping the blue one…:oops:
View attachment 2883641View attachment 2883642
Happy Halloween Everyone!❤️
View attachment 2883672
Aww so adorable! I don't blame you for wanting to keep the blue, it does seem extra fluffy and what a cutie!!! 😍
View attachment 2883838
View attachment 2883841
View attachment 2883843

Awww they are looking so adorable! I love the light chests on the little silver partridge/grey babies! I wonder how much they'll resemble mom when they get older.....she is so pretty herself!! ❤️

I'm so sorry to hear you had to make the tough choice to cull the two crossbeaks. :hugs

Aww so adorable! I don't blame you for wanting to keep the blue, it does seem extra fluffy and what a cutie!!! 😍

Awww they are looking so adorable! I love the light chests on the little silver partridge/grey babies! I wonder how much they'll resemble mom when they get older.....she is so pretty herself!! ❤️

I'm so sorry to hear you had to make the tough choice to cull the two crossbeaks. :hugs
When I was trying to get pics yesterday the chicks kept going behind her ☺️ pics of her turned out nice anyway ☺️ I'm trying to get the chicks more use to me and got them to come close with mealworms in my hand but it will take time.
IMG_20211028_110244.jpg IMG_20211028_110243.jpg

Back
Top Bottom