Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Well I gave in to Puff and decided to try her in a cage to start with instead of with Char. I gave her 9 eggs. The cage is a bit too small though (unlike the luxurious broody coop she's use too) so I might have to corner off an area for her and leave the cage door open during the day. She didn't instantly tuck the eggs under her as she would normally so maybe she doesn't like the new setup 🤔 or is only half broody since I already tried to break her.
Once her chicks hatch I'll move her to the broody coop for better security.
IMG_20220124_103729.jpg

Pic of Chickaletta with her Christmas chick on the roost - she's had her chick roosting at night for the past week now.
IMG_20220123_191404.jpg

Questions...I have the following and am wondering what color combos as well as satin or silkie for each. I'm really unsure about Mango, Milli and Vanilli with them being my first ever chickens, silkies and well I luv em even if they could care less bout me most of the time lol.
But Joey and Grayson are adorable and super sweet...only 10 weeks old but such potential! Zoey and Josie...much like Milli and Vanilli (must be a pullet/hen thing) cuz they are just distant and not luving at all.
If I did a chart like this would yall be able to help me get an idea of what I would be looking at for offspring?
If this is a chart worthy of yall helping me PLEASE LET ME KNOW and I'll continue filling it out the remainder of the way!

I just wanted to better understand so that i can figure out what to do bout who to keep and who to not keep, etc.

MALEFEMALEoffspring
SATIN
offspring
SILKIE
OFFSPRING
COLORS
black silkiesplash
silkie
X​
BLUE​
black
silkie
20220106_075508.jpg
black/white satin
black silkie
20220111_164121.jpg
silver pencil laced satin

Questions...I have the following and am wondering what color combos as well as satin or silkie for each. I'm really unsure about Mango, Milli and Vanilli with them being my first ever chickens, silkies and well I luv em even if they could care less bout me most of the time lol.
But Joey and Grayson are adorable and super sweet...only 10 weeks old but such potential! Zoey and Josie...much like Milli and Vanilli (must be a pullet/hen thing) cuz they are just distant and not luving at all.
If I did a chart like this would yall be able to help me get an idea of what I would be looking at for offspring?
If this is a chart worthy of yall helping me PLEASE LET ME KNOW and I'll continue filling it out the remainder of the way!

I just wanted to better understand so that i can figure out what to do bout who to keep and who to not keep, etc.

MALEFEMALEoffspring
SATIN
offspring
SILKIE
OFFSPRING
COLORS
black silkiesplash
silkie
X​
BLUE​
black
silkie
View attachment 2970245black/white satin
black silkieView attachment 2970252silver pencil laced satin
Beautiful birds!!!😍

MALEFEMALEoffspring
SATIN
offspring
SILKIE
OFFSPRING
COLORS
black silkiesplash
silkie
X​
BLUE​
black
silkie
Soooo adorable!!

MALEFEMALEoffspring
SATIN
offspring
SILKIE
OFFSPRING
COLORS
black silkiesplash
silkie
X​
BLUE​
black
silkie
You will likely get mostly black chicks. Some may have markings like your Satins. Really hard to tell.
With your Silkie crossed over Satins, you’ll get 50-50 smooth or silkied feathers. That is approximately half the chicks will have silkied feathers and half will have smooth feathers.😊

Can't wait to see what you hatch! Mille Fleur Satin sounds gorgeous! 😍
Do you have any photos from the breeder of the parents?
My first set of eggs are on DAY 17! :wee
I have some eggs (non-Silkies) scheduled to hatch on Wednesday (1/26)! Can't wait..... :) I only have 2 white egg layers (Blue Andalusian) left so I wanted to incubate some of their eggs. Of course, all the potential daddies are blue egg layer lines so who knows what color the offspring will lay.

I have some eggs (non-Silkies) scheduled to hatch on Wednesday (1/26)! Can't wait..... :) I only have 2 white egg layers (Blue Andalusian) left so I wanted to incubate some of their eggs. Of course, all the potential daddies are blue egg layer lines so who knows what color the offspring will lay.
Screenshot_20220120_162052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom