Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
Thanks! ❤️
Three more have hatched, two black and a paint. They’re still in the incubator. Yes Himawari’s was the first one that hatched and it’s a paint.😊
Not quite sure where the blue one came from. 🤷‍♀️
Genetically speaking I thought the only one that could give me a blue chick would be Kana and the the egg this chick came from I thought was Amai’s.🤣
Awesome :wee
How many are still in the egg/in hatching process?
😂...Little blue surprise 🥰

Babies babies everywhere this morning! Today is hatch day! All 5 have already hatched! Yay! All are crosses. I had 2 white eggs (Blue Andalusians), 2 green eggs (Starlight Green or Ameraucana, not sure), and 1 blue egg (Easter Egger, Ameraucana, CCLB, or Prairie Bluebell, not sure). As I mentioned before, all the potential daddies carry at least one blue egg gene.

Can't wait for them to fully dry and fluff out but the babies from the white eggs appear black or silver. The babies from the green eggs are a pretty rust brown mix. And the baby from the blue egg appears mostly black with some lighter colors mixed in.

20220126_115014.jpg

Babies babies everywhere this morning! Today is hatch day! All 5 have already hatched! Yay! All are crosses. I had 2 white eggs (Blue Andalusians), 2 green eggs (Starlight Green or Ameraucana, not sure), and 1 blue egg (Easter Egger, Ameraucana, CCLB, or Prairie Bluebell, not sure). As I mentioned before, all the potential daddies carry at least one blue egg gene.

Can't wait for them to fully dry and fluff out but the babies from the white eggs appear black or silver. The babies from the green eggs are a pretty rust brown mix. And the baby from the blue egg appears mostly black with some lighter colors mixed in.

View attachment 2973350
:loveCongrats! That's awesome that all 5 sweeties hatched well 👏

View attachment 2973350
Congratulations and what a nice mix of chicks!😍

Back
Top Bottom