Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 789 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Awe what an experience! Good luck this morning!!!
Thank you! Sia placed second in the feather legged bantam pullet class! Waiting to see who wins overall now! Cher Bear placed 8th, which I expected. She is much more showmanship worthy than breeding show worthy 😍 we all have our roles! 🙃

I’m sitting by our pens and it’s fun watching all the Fair goers react to the silkies 😆😆 “Mommy!! They don’t have eyes!!” 😍😆

Needed to add to the other post.

My color advice is strictly for pure partridge breeding. Mix in other colors and anything goes. Have to fall back on looking for streamers and looking at wattles and comb.

I had a cockerel once who did not start to develop secondary sex characteristics until he was well over 6 months old. His color said male but he looked very female.
Most of mine have large combs and they aren't pure patridge breeding. I get all sorts of colours in my flock but love patridge/ orange the most.
I often tell more by the comb by 4 months old, some boys have very feminine round fluffy crests till the comb sticks out, so hard to tell. Untill these 3 orange I have only got boys that have orange/red leakage.

Thank you! Sia placed second in the feather legged bantam pullet class! Waiting to see who wins overall now! Cher Bear placed 8th, which I expected. She is much more showmanship worthy than breeding show worthy 😍 we all have our roles! 🙃

I’m sitting by our pens and it’s fun watching all the Fair goers react to the silkies 😆😆 “Mommy!! They don’t have eyes!!” 😍😆
:wee:woot congratulations!!

:wee:woot congratulations!!
Thank you! The winners were quite the lookers, so I feel he chose well. 😍

This was Best in Division -
13D3D8C8-47F2-450D-AF67-6112E93AAC37.jpeg

And Reserve was a buff Brahma
F51F8BC6-BF76-4F40-A39E-4214A011C42B.jpeg

Aria was so happy that Sia won and sad for Cher (she asked me if I thought Cher knew she wasn’t as pretty 😂)
1BDB102F-E21C-4F31-9541-8428B0D8E974.jpeg

Congratulations yall!!! Sounds like ya had an awesome experience!

he is young with hormones kicking hard. I had roos who improved when got older. I hope barney will improve too.
Ok.. thats what i was hoping.. how the post cockerel phase worked out. Hes sweet and I can carry him around and pet him.. if i put him outside of the run for the first couple hours, he's mellower when he returns. I do want to keep him if i can.

Back
Top Bottom