Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Ah that's alright then!

I think possibly after a couple of washes then it should come out :fl
Certain colors are harder to get rid of then others. Red, & yellow are examples of difficult to remove colors. I experienced this when my hands got covered in red, & yellow dye, it lasted at least a few weeks.

Certain colors are harder to get rid of then others. Red, & yellow are examples of difficult to remove colors. I experienced this when my hands got covered in red, & yellow dye, it lasted at least a few weeks.

Oh it'll most likely be pink food colouring so hopefully not as hard to get rid off as the red would be. I may possibly go with a light blue instead.

Once it's dried, have you noticed it ever comes off the feathers onto your hands or clothes?

She's going to be wearing a dress and wouldn't want to be responsible for this dress getting food colouring patches on it :lau

Oh it'll most likely be pink food colouring so hopefully not as hard to get rid off as the red would be. I may possibly go with a light blue instead.

Once it's dried, have you noticed it ever comes off the feathers onto your hands or clothes?

She's going to be wearing a dress and wouldn't want to be responsible for this dress getting food colouring patches on it :lau
The dye will only transfer onto you if your hands are sweaty, or your chicken is sweating. I've experienced sweaty chickens, & I don't know why other's say chickens don't sweat. My sister experienced her silkie sweating when she was done snuggling with him, & she had a sweaty spot on her pants wear the chicken was laying.

The dye will only transfer onto you if your hands are sweaty, or your chicken is sweating. I've experienced sweaty chickens, & I don't know why other's say chickens don't sweat. My sister experienced her silkie sweating when she was done snuggling with him, & she had a sweaty spot on her pants wear the chicken was laying.

Well it's pretty cool the weather here at the moment so hopefully the sweatiness isn't a thing I come across. I don't want a sweaty colour dripping chicken :oops:

Anyways, once we do the photo shoot, if I have permission I'll show you guys the photos. If not, I'll link you to them on her site/page!

Well it's pretty cool the weather here at the moment so hopefully the sweatiness isn't a thing I come across. I don't want a sweaty colour dripping chicken :oops:

Anyways, once we do the photo shoot, if I have permission I'll show you guys the photos. If not, I'll link you to them on her site/page!
Okay.
Seeing them colored will be neat.

I candled the 6 eggs under my broody Oogy and all of them are looking good.

They're due to hatch Wednesday.

There is 3 blues which are Oogys eggs and 3 whites which are Flumps.

One of the whites looked like it's beak was trying to internally pip already though but I'm hoping it's not...

Also, I candled the 9 eggs Fizz is sitting on (now on day 7) and all are fertile and growing well so far! All of those eggs are whites from Flump too.

One of the whites looked like it's beak was trying to internally pip already though but I'm hoping it's not...

Also, I candled the 9 eggs Fizz is sitting on (now on day 7) and all are fertile and growing well so far! All of those eggs are whites from Flump too.
I've had early hatchers before. It's good to hear all the eggs are doing great.

:fl Hopefully everything goes to plan.

Back
Top Bottom