Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Cute fluffy showgirls from my flock. They are so fluffy it's hard to see their naked necks. I cannot wait to see how they develop
20210402_131045.jpg
20210402_131049.jpg
20210402_131111.jpg
20210402_131031.jpg

Good news! My little loner chick, 11 wk old now (last surviving out of 3 that mother hen abandoned) started roosting with the others and hangs around them more then she use too, so I think she's more accepted into the flock now ☺️
Any guesses on gender? I think it's a pullet..hopefully, maybe? What do you guys think? I know it's early!..
IMG_20210407_104139.jpg IMG_20210407_104210.jpg
IMG_20210407_104212.jpg
IMG_20210407_105101.jpg

Good news! My little loner chick, 11 wk old now (last surviving out of 3 that mother hen abandoned) started roosting with the others and hangs around them more then she use too, so I think she's more accepted into the flock now ☺️
Any guesses on gender? I think it's a pullet..hopefully, maybe? What do you guys think? I know it's early!..
View attachment 2602944View attachment 2602945
View attachment 2602948
View attachment 2602957

That is wonderful news, so glad things are getting better for her! :D

Hmm maybe still a little early to tell gender but I'm leaning towards pullet too. :)

View attachment 2602944View attachment 2602945
View attachment 2602948
View attachment 2602957
:yesss:So glad to hear your cute little one is finally joining your flock ❤️
(Not sure about the gender of this sweetie. But I would GUESS pullet.)

Finally moved the babies to the new Silkie house.... Still have to put the plywood and sliding "barn doors" on the lower broody boxes. The sliding doors have chicken wire on them and can be closed to give a broody some peace and privacy if she is sitting. Should have enough room for food and water in there too....

Also those roosts on top of the broody boxes lift off so you can access from the top if the barn doors are closed.

View attachment 2599407
View attachment 2599408
:thumbsup
Congrats on your new coop! It's awesome! I would love to have such a wonderful coop!

So none of the replacement eggs are developing DAY 4, I will wait until DAY 7 to toss. I have given up on shipped eggs.:th
Imari is now also showing slipped wing on top of the single comb. He is a little sweetie, but I do not think I will use him for breeding. Even though I hatched him from a breeder's eggs, I suspect he is hatchery stock.
Only one left is my paint egg (out of 59 shipped eggs total) here day 13, looking good. Hope it is a paint or dominant white and not just plain old black.
Of my own birds, I am still not getting any development from two of the silkie girls. I honestly do not think my cockerel is mating with them. Even I separated them for 3 weeks, nothing.
Zelda (the white hen) just started laying. I have seen him mate with her. She is one of his favorites, so I expect her eggs will be fertile again. Luckily, most people around here seem to prefer the white silkies.
So I must say this has been a good lesson for me, that I can not control everything, and have to let it go. Still disheartening, though.
I'm crossing my fingers soooo hard for your replacement eggs :fl :fl :fl :fl
Today is day 7? I hope with all my heart there is development ❤️🤞🙏
Awesome news your paint egg is doing so well :thumbsup

Just got these photos in the brooder of the Fab Four, before taking them outside to their tractor for the day. I know I posted pictures of them last week but they’re growing so quickly!🤣 They are now completely outdoors during the day in a 4 x 6 tractor and on the lanai/carport at night in a 2 x 3 brooder. They have a heat plate there but they do not use it, mostly just sit on top of it. They sure love being outside!😊
View attachment 2597736View attachment 2597737View attachment 2597738View attachment 2597739View attachment 2597740View attachment 2597741
Love the Fab Four 🥰 How much they have changed in that short time!
How wonderful little Imari will stay with you :love He looks like a little eagle on that flower pot 😄

Back
Top Bottom