Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Sweet Pippin on duty 🥰 😊

You wrote the eggs are from Silkie-cross hens or did I understand wrong and they are from hens of the breeds you named crossed with a Silkie purebred rooster?
I know a Copper Marans hen, Mathilda, her eggs are not extremely dark red so I wouldn't rule out CM involved regarding the darker brown egg. But sure could be RIR otherwise.
Some of my friend's crosses with blue egg-genes involved are laying (nearly) white eggs - so I think it's difficult about the light egg - could be with Cream legbar heritage or could be Light Sussex. ...Both eggs are difficult to assign in my opinion.

The eggs are kinda a mystery to me. Here's the link, maybe someone can notice\read something I didn't see.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363295565215?hash=item54961a659f:g:RgoAAOSw7T9gHvxZ

The eggs are kinda a mystery to me. Here's the link, maybe someone can notice\read something I didn't see.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363295565215?hash=item54961a659f:g:RgoAAOSw7T9gHvxZ
To me it looks like he is selling eggs from different breeds and therefore uses the term 'mix'- because one can get several different breeds with one order. The hen's pictures all show purebreds, and it looks like the eggs are assorted in the boxes by breed.
I think you can completely rule out the possibility of a Cream Legbar.

Light sussex are so pretty!!! Do you think it's a hybrid or pure?
Yeah they are very pretty! They remind me of a breed we have here called Sundheimer.
Just from the add (pictures of hens and eggs, words written) I would think it's pure, but you never know with ebay-selling.
...I just saw your new thread about the topic, I will skip over there for further 😊

I tried to already post pics of my big baby silkie but not sure it worked so sorry if repeating... This is Dolly the 6 week silky, to me she doesn't look like other silkies her age, she seems to still be mainly baby floof, what does everyone reckon?
She is adorable, both times! 😊
She is a super fluff ball. I would not worry about it, might be just the way she is feathering. 🥰

Sorry if i didn't explain correctly, she was broody 9wks ago with the shop egg. After 21 days she stopped after it didn't hatch.
9 weeks later she went broody again and we gave her the eggs
Oh that's great!! 😄 Sorry I misunderstood, just was a bit worried for your hen! .. gorgeous pic, she looks setup to brood 🥰

Back
Top Bottom