Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Hey it says up top that it’s ok to post pictures. Well we just hatched a couple of things yesterday. The ad said they were black silkies. They look a bit like fuzzy aliens. No names yet — haven’t found just the right thing (and I’m not usually allowed to name the animals unsupervised).

Specimen One, top view:

View attachment 2661419

bottom view:
View attachment 2661421

Specimen Two, top view:

View attachment 2661422

bottom view:

View attachment 2661424

They’re cute and all... they just don’t exactly look like chickens. And they’re so QUIET! (My Cornish cross chattered and muttered while wandering around) I keep going over to the brooder to see if they are ok.
Omgggggg adorable 😍

Hey it says up top that it’s ok to post pictures. Well we just hatched a couple of things yesterday. The ad said they were black silkies. They look a bit like fuzzy aliens. No names yet — haven’t found just the right thing (and I’m not usually allowed to name the animals unsupervised).

Specimen One, top view:

View attachment 2661419

bottom view:
View attachment 2661421

Specimen Two, top view:

View attachment 2661422

bottom view:

View attachment 2661424

They’re cute and all... they just don’t exactly look like chickens. And they’re so QUIET! (My Cornish cross chattered and muttered while wandering around) I keep going over to the brooder to see if they are ok.
Sweet little babies with big feet 🥰 🥰

Specimen One, top view:

View attachment 2661419

bottom view:
View attachment 2661421

Specimen Two, top view:

View attachment 2661422

bottom view:

View attachment 2661424

Congrats on your little alien silkie babies! 🥰
They are the most unchicken of chickens. We love photos of Silkies on this thread, if case you haven’t noticed!🤣

Update on my juveniles!
Hanabi is looking to be a pullet, thankfully. No sign of wattles or large comb at three weeks of age anyway. Feisty little thing, hard to get photos she does not stay still for a moment! Amai and Eko are feathering in nicely. Eko is one month old today. Amai is about seven weeks of age.
They are on the patio brooder at night and outside in a small covered pen during the day if it’s not raining.
I kept one silkie to keep Hanabi company and her name is Yuki which means snow in Japanese.
Two more have hatched over the weekend and I have three more in the incubator that should be hatching soon. 😊
Have a great Monday, fellow silkie enthusiasts!🥰
53D35B11-4FB2-4527-A828-A578538AA933.jpeg
7EE7065B-259E-4C2E-B320-C031621C47E3.jpeg
0AD31668-2AC8-4DE7-8A92-59E6A2A22269.jpeg
1C4936A1-41D6-4731-8AEE-370C453ECDED.jpeg
2F29F66F-AB82-4217-93FB-8EE61824A843.jpeg

Update on my juveniles!
Hanabi is looking to be a pullet, thankfully. No sign of wattles or large comb at three weeks of age anyway. Feisty little thing, hard to get photos she does not stay still for a moment! Amai and Eko are feathering in nicely. Eko is one month old today. Amai is about seven weeks of age.
They are on the patio brooder at night and outside in a small covered pen during the day if it’s not raining.
I kept one silkie to keep Hanabi company and her name is Yuki which means snow in Japanese.
Two more have hatched over the weekend and I have three more in the incubator that should be hatching soon. 😊
Have a great Monday, fellow silkie enthusiasts!🥰View attachment 2661994View attachment 2661995View attachment 2661996View attachment 2661997View attachment 2661998
Oohhh Hanabi's comb is nice and straight still.. very very good sign!! Everyone is looking adorable!! 😍

Darn.. Flower's wattles are tiny, but beginning to drop down. So i think she is very likely a he. But he has a home until he starts crowing. Ive had really good luck finding good rehomes, so not worried about that when the time comes. But he and Bambi enjoy each other's company 💑
You might need a similar aged replacement, so Bambi still has some company if/when Flower has to move out. 😊

You might need a similar aged replacement, so Bambi still has some company if/when Flower has to move out. 😊
Do not give me any ideas 🤣. Once Flower flies the coop, I'll add my coop extension with a divider so she and the other girls can get used to seeing each other before full integration. I think itll work well, i do notice the birds of a feather flocking together.. Minnie and Daisy are inseparable.. both D'uccles, and when I had my 2 silkies, they were always together. Right now my splash cochin, Elsa, is a bit of a loner.. so hopefully she and Bambi will pair up.

I liked Bambi as a name when Flower was going to be the friend.. but now im thinking Ariel, so she can be a red headed princess. I know i should name her Anna.. but i dont want to. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Plus Ariel sounds more exotic, like Elsa.

Last edited:
Update on my juveniles!
Have a great Monday, fellow silkie enthusiasts!🥰View attachment 2661994View attachment 2661995View attachment 2661996View attachment 2661997View attachment 2661998
Eko, Amai, Hanabi and Yuki are gorgeous 😍😍😍😍 And they all are so beautiful!
The little tails from Hanabi and Yuki 😄🥰
Fingers crossed for the three eggs that are ready to hatch :fl❤️

Thank you - have a wonderful Monday, too!

Back
Top Bottom