Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I brought the babies outside today and got some pictures (they weren't thrilled). :lol:

Here are the ones I'm fairly certain are little silver partridge/grey babies.

Greys.JPG

These next three are a blue, what I think is a gold based partridge, and I'm unsure about whether the little reddish one is gold or silver based but it looks like a red partridge of some sort.

partridge and blue.JPG

These two are red pyle like (they started getting their red in sooner than I thought, I'm sure it'll change a lot more as they grow).

red pyles.JPG

And my three whites

Whites.JPG

I love all these little guys, I'm having a lot of fun watching them grow. I can't believe the size difference between some of these guys only being up to a week apart in age. One of the mothers was pretty little for a silkie and I think she's passed that on to some of her offspring. :)

That's funny!! I can totally see them do the raptor run w the paper! I had to stop eating when the D'uccles are out, they would fly up to my plate and start grabbing food too! Little piglets!! 🐽
It's strange how chicks act like dogs...
Loving cuddles, stamping their feet when they want attention, begging for food, stealing the food!

They do look pretty similar don't they, they've all got that cute moor head (darker head). :lol: 🥰

I love the little one without it in your pictures too! I think all my partridgy babies got it....it would be neat to get a few without it too sometime for variety. :D

Pickles has always been a beautiful boy! He never had an "ugly stage". His chipmunk stribes were the brightest and he is so pretty!
I am so upset that I might not be able to keep him... Trying the crow collar first!

I picked up a new Silkie at the weekend, she's such a sweet looking girl. Now the weather is getting chillier I think my other chicks are quite pleased I added a big fluffy hot water bottle to the flock in the form of Miss Shirley 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20210518_170905.jpg
    IMG_20210518_170905.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20210516_145509_1.jpg
    IMG_20210516_145509_1.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom