Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Pippin is having some trouble sitting on all the eggs. Sometimes, the tip of an egg is sticking out of underneath her. Sometimes, she can sit on them all after some adjustments. Is there a way to help her a bit... Like a way of placing the eggs? I'm not that worried since I know she CAN sit on them all- just wondering if there is a way to make it easier

DJI_0174.JPG
DJI_0178.JPG

Pippin is having some trouble sitting on all the eggs. Sometimes, the tip of an egg is sticking out of underneath her. Sometimes, she can sit on them all after some adjustments. Is there a way to help her a bit... Like a way of placing the eggs? I'm not that worried since I know she CAN sit on them all- just wondering if there is a way to make it easier
One of my first time broody pullets didn't sit on her eggs properly either, it took a day for her to get it, I just kept slipping any eggs sticking out back under her. .. usually if she can't properly cover them there is too many eggs but you said she can.. what bedding do you have? If straw then is there a few twiggy bits sticking up making an egg or 2 not sit the right way? -make sure it's a nice nest spot for her, maybe make her an indent to sit eggs comfortably?

I brought the babies outside today and got some pictures (they weren't thrilled). :lol:

Here are the ones I'm fairly certain are little silver partridge/grey babies.

View attachment 2675718

These next three are a blue, what I think is a gold based partridge, and I'm unsure about whether the little reddish one is gold or silver based but it looks like a red partridge of some sort.

View attachment 2675744

These two are red pyle like (they started getting their red in sooner than I thought, I'm sure it'll change a lot more as they grow).

View attachment 2675776

And my three whites

View attachment 2675777

I love all these little guys, I'm having a lot of fun watching them grow. I can't believe the size difference between some of these guys only being up to a week apart in age. One of the mothers was pretty little for a silkie and I think she's passed that on to some of her offspring. :)
😍They are all such beautiful babies 🥰🥰🥰
Precious cuties!
That's really interesting to see what one week can make for a difference.
What color does the little mother have and do you know which are her babies?

I brought the babies outside today and got some pictures (they weren't thrilled). :lol:

Here are the ones I'm fairly certain are little silver partridge/grey babies.

View attachment 2675718

These next three are a blue, what I think is a gold based partridge, and I'm unsure about whether the little reddish one is gold or silver based but it looks like a red partridge of some sort.

View attachment 2675744

These two are red pyle like (they started getting their red in sooner than I thought, I'm sure it'll change a lot more as they grow).

View attachment 2675776

And my three whites

View attachment 2675777

I love all these little guys, I'm having a lot of fun watching them grow. I can't believe the size difference between some of these guys only being up to a week apart in age. One of the mothers was pretty little for a silkie and I think she's passed that on to some of her offspring. :)
Gorgeous!! 🥰
It will be interesting to see the colours on the red pyle as they grow! What are the parents colours to get red pyle?
My rooster isn't quite red pyle is he?
IMG20201226110649.jpg
IMG20201125142019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom