Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I still know it's still too early!.. But, any thoughts on Easter the chick, boy or girl?
IMG_20210519_112640.jpg
IMG_20210519_111006.jpg
IMG_20210519_112446.jpg
IMG_20210519_112628.jpg

One of my first time broody pullets didn't sit on her eggs properly either, it took a day for her to get it, I just kept slipping any eggs sticking out back under her. .. usually if she can't properly cover them there is too many eggs but you said she can.. what bedding do you have? If straw then is there a few twiggy bits sticking up making an egg or 2 not sit the right way? -make sure it's a nice nest spot for her, maybe make her an indent to sit eggs comfortably?
I think she's got the hang of it now but...
Her eggs are on Hemp-E bedding. She has already made an indent for them to sit in

Kiwi confuses me. Her whole body (except for the head) and her personality SCREAM pullet! Her beautiful little head has got big floppy wattles and a little comb. I really hope she is a girl! Meanwhile, the definite roo has tiny wattles coming out and a bulky comb (bigger comb than kiwi).
Sometimes they like to confuse us till they lay an egg! 😡😂

I think she's got the hang of it now but...
Her eggs are on Hemp-E bedding. She has already made an indent for them to sit in
One of my old girls always digs in the nest indent to the ground no matter how much bedding I put under her 😂 No eggs roll out of her nest! .. I use straw and notice the eggs sometimes move between twiggy bits sticking up if the nest hasn't been made by a pro hen.

Back
Top Bottom