Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
OK... Here's my babies. Growing up so fast! I've named 5 of the 9.

Minette
View attachment 2702585

Elsa
View attachment 2702586

Anna
View attachment 2702589

Blossom
View attachment 2702594

And, of course, Twitch
View attachment 2702595

I think the other 4 are roosters but I still don't know for sure. Waiting to see... None are crowing yet.

This is the Romeo who tried to court me the other day.
View attachment 2702596

Smokey/Black fella
View attachment 2702597

Another white one
View attachment 2702598

Another lavender paint...next to the unnamed white (roo?) and Blossom
View attachment 2702600

I am absolutely beside myself right now! 😭

This morning I realized my dear sweet Minette didn't come out to eat. I went into the coop and found her behind the block steps for the roosts. I wasn't sure if she got trapped/wedged while hiding from a bully or if she was hiding because something was wrong. I got her out but she seemed reluctant to go outside so I figured maybe it was a bully situation. I took her out and set her down by the water bowl. She drank quite a bit of water like she was really thirsty. I watched her for about 10 minutes. She mingled with the others and poked at food here and there but didn't seem really keen on eating. I left her with her flock mates and intended to check on her again later. Only I got busy with work and forgot! 😭😭😭 This evening (around 12 hrs later) I was outside with my husband. It was dusk and all the chickens had already gone into their coops.... That's when I noticed poor Minette laying on the ground in her run. I ran to her and was certain she was dead. I picked her up and she started moving very weakly.

I have her inside the house right now. She is laying on a heating pad. I have no clue what is wrong with her but I'm so worried she is going to die. Out of desperation, I syringed a bit of Gatorade, amoxicillan, and mineral oil into her mouth. She is hardly moving at all.

Tomorrow I can pick up some Nutri-Drench which will be better than the Gatorade. I just don't know what to do to save her.

😭😭😭

ETA - I'm too late. Despite my best efforts, it isn't enough... My little Minette has passed. Heartbroken 💔

View attachment 2710406
Hi TJAnonymous, I love all the pictures from your beautiful babies and I love all the names you gave them ❤️
And I'm so sorry you lost dear little Minette - what a shock 😞
Don't blame yourself :hugs
You brought up sweet little Minette with so much love and care. And this is what her life was filled with - and what her last moments in this world were filled with: your love and your care. You tried everything when you realized what was happening - more is just not possible ❤️

Well, the bantam coop young ones are all getting along pretty well. The little pullets are at the low end of the pecking order for now anyway. They are still quite small. They have each other which is nice. I am sure I will have to move the boys at some point, but so far they are all doing fine. Still have to put them in the coop at night, as they have not figured that out yet. Hanabi is the same age as the two new girls, but she has to hang out with little Himawari, that is not quite ready to be outside at night yet. They still have heat in their spot on the front porch at night. They get to go out in the tractor if the weather is good during the day.
I suddenly lost my one year old Silver Laced English Orpington, Lacey, early this morning. She was making distress noises at about 2:00 am then was gone at 4:00 am. Do not need to go into details here, as I have another thread about her under emergencies. She was a wonderful bird, and I will miss her. Would have been one years old later this month.
Makes me grateful for the ones I do have, so went out and took these photos.❤️

View attachment 2711410View attachment 2711409View attachment 2711408View attachment 2711407View attachment 2711405View attachment 2711404View attachment 2711403View attachment 2711402View attachment 2711400
I'm sorry you lost your Orpington girl Lacey 😞
I will read your thread about her in the emergeny section.

The pictures are so cute❤️

Did you guys see, a silkie chicken won the westminster dog show
Screenshot_20210613-220635_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom