Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I love partridge!
I have a sweet silver partridge pullet but the rest are mostly black or white.. wish I had more hens that were multicolour like my roosters, but hens are just not as pretty coloured so I just have to keep the roosters to brighten the flock 😄
Here's pic of some of mine...
View attachment 2715921
View attachment 2715925
One of your sweeties in the second picture looks like my little Roberta's twin:

RIMG1555.JPG

Is there a name for their coloring?

Awww congrats! She is very cute 🥰
I'm gonna be getting her a friend today since she seems a bit lonely in her integration pen.
She looks much happier today and my 3 younger chickens are looking after her during free-ranging. Raven's gonna get a suprise when I come home today with a friend for her!

Do you think she's a girl? I spent a lot if time checking her to make sure she wasn't a roo!

.. So I see some red leakage on him/her, tiny bit on head and wings.. does this indicate more likely cockerel? Hard to see in pics...

View attachment 2725143
View attachment 2725145

View attachment 2725148

Such a cutie! I'm kind of leaning towards male with little Easter but he/she is a tough one. The red starting to come in on the wings does point more towards male. That being said I have a hen who got a spot of red on her wing recently and she is most definitely female (she is laying and I've hatched chicks from her before). She didn't get it till her first adult molt though. I haven't seen red coming in on the wings of adolescents except for boys so far myself.

One of your sweeties in the second picture looks like my little Roberta's twin:

View attachment 2732277
Is there a name for their coloring?

She is so pretty, I love her color! 🥰

She looks like a silver partridge to me (fairly light, looks maybe blue based). Since silver partridge isn't a recognized color in silkies a lot of people would call her grey as that is silver partridge minus some patterning (which you can see on the wings of your girl) and is a recognized color. It gets a little confusing, sometimes I don't know what to call them! :lol:

I'm gonna be getting her a friend today since she seems a bit lonely in her integration pen.
She looks much happier today and my 3 younger chickens are looking after her during free-ranging. Raven's gonna get a suprise when I come home today with a friend for her!

Do you think she's a girl? I spent a lot if time checking her to make sure she wasn't a roo!

Congratulations on your new girl, she is a cutie! By the way she looks I'd feel pretty confident she is indeed a she (nice rounded crest, no obvious streamers, small comb). :D

View attachment 2733016
Here's Ginger! Raven's new friend!
I am very confused about what colour she is. She's mostly ginger with light grey tail and back.
She is beautiful!

She doesn't look like a standard color to me, probably some sort of mix color. The white beard with the other colors surrounding it kind of reminds me of some wheaten type color (I don't know much about wheaten though). Perhaps she is on a wheaten base?

I wonder if the blue feathers might be from splash.....perhaps she is something like a splash wheaten? Very pretty color whatever it is! 🥰

I would have guessed they were a little older than 7 weeks but some lines mature faster than others so they could possibly be as young as 7 weeks. :confused:

She is beautiful!

She doesn't look like a standard color to me, probably some sort of mix color. The white beard with the other colors surrounding it kind of reminds me of some wheaten type color (I don't know much about wheaten though). Perhaps she is on a wheaten base?

I wonder if the blue feathers might be from splash.....perhaps she is something like a splash wheaten? Very pretty color whatever it is! 🥰

I would have guessed they were a little older than 7 weeks but some lines mature faster than others so they could possibly be as young as 7 weeks. :confused:
Yes she is very pretty, I love her colour!
I have had quite a few people say that they are older than 7 weeks. I'm not sure about the age, they were sold as 6 week olds.
They are smaller than my 16wk olds but they are nearly the same size. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom