Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I can't help it. I 💙 chicken butts. 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• PSX_20210924_200313.jpg
    PSX_20210924_200313.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
:hit BAD news!!
I was carrying a shovel for the hay and Rooster flipped out and jumped at me! I moved and he jumped the fence to the other coop and Cookie and Rooster attacked eachother!!! Blood went flying! I grabbed a big box and put if over both of them mid attack and they calmed down after a few minutes... I will have to cull both, I'm waiting till dark and I'll grab them out of the box and kill with broomstick method. I have only done this with sick chickens and none this big so hopefully I can get it right so they are dead instantly 😬
I'm not putting up with Roosters behaviour, what if my kids came in with a shovel! and Cookie won't stop fighting so both really need to go. And now they're injured too.
Biscuit didn't try to attack the other roosters and he doesn't mind if I carry a shovel!

I was carrying a shovel for the hay and Rooster flipped out and jumped at me! I moved and he jumped the fence to the other coop and Cookie and Rooster attacked eachother!!! Blood went flying! I grabbed a big box and put if over both of them mid attack and they calmed down after a few minutes... I will have to cull both, I'm waiting till dark and I'll grab them out of the box and kill with broomstick method. I have only done this with sick chickens and none this big so hopefully I can get it right so they are dead instantly 😬
I'm not putting up with Roosters behaviour, what if my kids came in with a shovel! and Cookie won't stop fighting so both really need to go. And now they're injured too.
Biscuit didn't try to attack the other roosters and he doesn't mind if I carry a shovel!
Oh no! 😞 I am so truly sorry you have to go through this.:hugs

I'm so very sorry this happened! I can understand where you are coming from, I've had to do the same with some of my over aggressive boys. It feels terrible but I take solace in that it is what is better for the rest of the flock. 😢:hugs

Back
Top Bottom