Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 781 95.9%
  • ^

Votes: 94 11.5%

• Total voters
What are all your broody hen hatching chicks setups look like? Do you separate or not?
Mine is a nesting box with chicken wire over most of it to discourage other hens from going in it. I separate the moms and chicks from the rest of the flock. :)

My little silkie mx is so cute and puffy!!!! 🥺❤️❤️❤️
IMG_9006.JPG IMG_9004.JPG

Hi there silkie lovers! I posted a thread and am hoping for some Silkie knowledge to help me figure out if I need to worry about my girl Fuzzy. I only got chickens for the first time ever this year and I know nothing about chicken egg laying behaviors, especially silkie behaviors. Any thoughts on this thread question are much appreciated! Thanks!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/silkie-reaching-point-of-lay.1495071/

Hi there silkie lovers! I posted a thread and am hoping for some Silkie knowledge to help me figure out if I need to worry about my girl Fuzzy. I only got chickens for the first time ever this year and I know nothing about chicken egg laying behaviors, especially silkie behaviors. Any thoughts on this thread question are much appreciated! Thanks!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/silkie-reaching-point-of-lay.1495071/
I answered your post, not sure how much help I am though. I tagged some experts. 🙂

I answered your post, not sure how much help I am though. I tagged some experts. 🙂
Thank you!! That is why I was getting concerned...it doesn't seem normal but I wasn't sure what was normal. She does have a middle finger width distance between pelvic bones so I was thinking it was wide enough that she might be close which may mean she's having issues laying and needs help. Blah, thank you for answering! And tagging others!

Adorable! ❤️
What is s(he) mixed with?
I don't know. I don't think it is my polish because she doesn't look like the last polish x silkies I hatched, so possible bantam phoenix, mutt frizzle, another mutt frizzle, 2 more non frizzle mutts, but I guess polish is still possible.

Back
Top Bottom