Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
OK, this hatch is complete! 14/15 hatched!
6 Silkies, 8 Polkies. Photos from this morning, they’re already super active and lively! Most of them going to new homes by Friday. Vaccinating them for Marek’s disease later today.
I took some individual photos of them as seen below. Trying to differentiate the Silkies from the Polkies visually. All the Silkies have second (or middle toe) feathering which is desired in Silkies. The majority of the Polkies lack this feathering. Though a few of them have sparse feathering on this toe as well. Only two ended up with a vaulted skull. These are Polkies. Interestingly enough both Kinoko and Amai have vaulted skulls. Eko does not.
Almost all the chicks have five toes on each foot. A few of the Polkies have four toes on one foot and five on the other like their mama. Strangely, one of the pure Silkies has only four toes on each foot!😊
FA445FA7-9256-40E3-B5CB-F854C216A3EA.jpeg
8D7B5CF8-3D3F-44C8-8EC9-827627A11C4C.jpeg

AB296F1A-8449-4602-9803-A17CA08194E4.jpeg

Some of the Silkies:
D17E2551-EB25-429F-BBAE-A5D6B0AD4E02.jpeg

4D621E29-6FF8-4A28-984B-044BDA30FB03.jpeg
E14B87FE-D908-4288-946C-54141454086A.jpeg

And some of the Polkies:
B03233C6-8395-41EF-AF95-3C6130B4CA3D.jpeg
9BC7EBAA-7312-4D1E-A028-43328DEB3F89.jpeg
3194A13B-5D76-456A-AFFA-E3E8B07A7E2A.jpeg

6 Silkies, 8 Polkies. Photos from this morning, they’re already super active and lively! Most of them going to new homes by Friday. Vaccinating them for Marek’s disease later today.
I took some individual photos of them as seen below. Trying to differentiate the Silkies from the Polkies visually. All the Silkies have second (or middle toe) feathering which is desired in Silkies. The majority of the Polkies lack this feathering. Though a few of them have sparse feathering on this toe as well. Only two ended up with a vaulted skull. These are Polkies. Interestingly enough both Kinoko and Amai have vaulted skulls. Eko does not.
Almost all the chicks have five toes on each foot. A few of the Polkies have four toes on one foot and five on the other like their mama. Strangely, one of the pure Silkies has only four toes on each foot!😊
View attachment 2870086View attachment 2870087
View attachment 2870094
Some of the Silkies:
View attachment 2870089
View attachment 2870090View attachment 2870091
And some of the Polkies:View attachment 2870095View attachment 2870093View attachment 2870092
OOhhhhh, such cute little FLOOF balls!!! :love:love:love I am not sure I am ever going to be able to breed for sale chicks...I would have a terrible time letting go of all that cuteness! It would be a very bad business decision haha. I need more coop space so I can have more silkies! I also just love Tolbunt Polish...sighhh I need a bigger piece of property! :D

View attachment 2870086View attachment 2870087
View attachment 2870094
Some of the Silkies:
View attachment 2870089
View attachment 2870090View attachment 2870091
And some of the Polkies:View attachment 2870095View attachment 2870093View attachment 2870092

Aww they are all so adorable (and what great pictures of them)!!! 😍

That is really neat Eko seems to be passing on his non vault strongly with the silkies. Definitely a good thing if you are trying to breed away from vaults. 😁

OOhhhhh, such cute little FLOOF balls!!! :love:love:love I am not sure I am ever going to be able to breed for sale chicks...I would have a terrible time letting go of all that cuteness! It would be a very bad business decision haha. I need more coop space so I can have more silkies! I also just love Tolbunt Polish...sighhh I need a bigger piece of property! :D
Thanks! 🥰
I would keep them all of I could!
It really is nice though seeing how happy the folks buying them are to get them. Spread the Silkie love!❤️
I have two coops, if I built a third, my family would have me commited.🤪
I need a bigger place, too, so I can have more than one rooster!
I love Tolbunt Polish, too. Hard to come by over here. Could use them to make Tolbunt Silkies/Polkies maybe?!😃

Aww they are all so adorable (and what great pictures of them)!!! 😍

That is really neat Eko seems to be passing on his non vault strongly with the silkies. Definitely a good thing if you are trying to breed away from vaults. 😁
Thanks!🥰
Yes, I am very happy with the chicks he is throwing so far. Hopefully I will get updates from the new owners as they grow out.😊

Thanks! 🥰
I would keep them all of I could!
It really is nice though seeing how happy the folks buying them are to get them. Spread the Silkie love!❤️
I have two coops, if I built a third, my family would have me commited.🤪
I need a bigger place, too, so I can have more than one rooster!
I love Tolbunt Polish, too. Hard to come by over here. Could use them to make Tolbunt Silkies/Polkies maybe?!😃
I have a friend who lives on the Big Island and has been coveting my silkies! What island are you on? Maybe one of these days when she's ready to expand I can send her to you for a floofer!! :)

Back
Top Bottom