Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I actually think you may have gotten lucky and got three girls there. 😊

The bearded blacks comb is a littler bigger but I'm not seeing any obvious streamers on any of them which should be pretty prevalent by 6 months old on a male.

They are all very cute! 🥰
That would be amazing 💕 And honestly well deserved at this point lol! We've had so many boys this year! They're such good little birds, and teeny tiny things, I expected them to be a bit bigger. I would love to be able to keep them all!

I actually think you may have gotten lucky and got three girls there. 😊

The bearded blacks comb is a littler bigger but I'm not seeing any obvious streamers on any of them which should be pretty prevalent by 6 months old on a male.

They are all very cute! 🥰
I agree!😊 Looks like you got all girls!❤️

Question for everyone since this is my first time with silkies. At what age in general do your pullets begin laying? My 3 silkies are 5 months November 5 and I am really not expecting eggs until the spring. That being said I've started noticing that in the last few days Branch has been trying to breed Lil Bit. She does not let him yet, but I'm now watching their interactions closely to see if and when she accepts him. In my other birds I've noticed that once the pullet allows the rooster to breed them I normally get that first egg in about a week.

Question for everyone since this is my first time with silkies. At what age in general do your pullets begin laying? My 3 silkies are 5 months November 5 and I am really not expecting eggs until the spring. That being said I've started noticing that in the last few days Branch has been trying to breed Lil Bit. She does not let him yet, but I'm now watching their interactions closely to see if and when she accepts him. In my other birds I've noticed that once the pullet allows the rooster to breed them I normally get that first egg in about a week.
Mine are 6 months but I don't know whether or not they've started laying yet. I think I might have found a silkie egg the other day though.

They can start laying anywhere from 5 months on. I had one start at 6 months, but most of mine start around 7-8 months. The same age boys will be sexually mature before the girls, usually.
The pullets will normally start squatting when you go to pick them up, this can be a first sign. 😊

They can start laying anywhere from 5 months on. I had one start at 6 months, but most of mine start around 7-8 months. The same age boys will be sexually mature before the girls, usually.
The pullets will normally start squatting when you go to pick them up, this can be a first sign. 😊
I totally forgot about the squatting. 🤣🤣 Mine haven't yet. 😉

Back
Top Bottom