Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
These two silkies hatched last night and are already in the brooder. Three others have also hatched, they’re still in the dryer. They have already figured out how to eat and drink. They have been sleeping halfway out of the heat as the house is 85° Inside, great chick temperature, not so much for humans.😊
915855A4-4E4E-451E-AF01-16CA5C35E26A.jpeg

Adorable! I'm really interested to see if little Halo will grow in some white feathers in her crest, that would be very neat. I've had a few black babies from my paints get a little brown on the tips of their wing feathers while young. Those ones later had less noticeable brown on the wings and looked more black except for they had a fair amount of gold leakage in the hackles (they were boys so maybe with girls it would present differently). I suppose they almost looked gold birchen. I wonder if Halo will also present somewhat like a birchen when older? 🤔
Thanks! I’m curious to to see what happens with her feathering. Going to hang onto this one for now anyway.🥰

That's a really cute photo; that Silky is perched right where it belongs--on it's owner's shoulder. :)
Hard to tell but it looks like the owner is pretty cute too...

These two silkies hatched last night and are already in the brooder. Three others have also hatched, they’re still in the dryer. They have already figured out how to eat and drink. They have been sleeping halfway out of the heat as the house is 85° Inside, great chick temperature, not so much for humans.😊View attachment 2900429
Such little cuties 😍 how many do you hatch each year?

Such little cuties 😍 how many do you hatch each year?
Thanks! 🥰
Well, this year has been exceptional. Hatched alot more than I planned to and I will probably end up with some unsold. I wasn’t expecting such a great hatch rate. 😊
Starting in the Spring I think I will just hatch to order only with payment in full ahead of time. I had several people back out of orders this go round. Will likely also sell fertile eggs. My family doesn’t share my chicken enthusiasm unfortunately! Go figure, they don’t like having baby chicks in the house for six weeks!🤷‍♀️🤣
I hatched 40 in the month of October. I have 4 left of these. I will likely keep 2 of them. Have hatched 9 so far in November including the 5 that just hatched.
I have 6 eggs left in the incubator that will hatch over the next week or so and then I’m done for now. Of the ones I have left only 4 have been reserved so far.

Back
Top Bottom