Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
How did i stop getting notifications on ALLL THESE BABIES?!?!?!

Ok new coop is coming this weekend... i want to get it setup and get the sand in within a couple days of getting it, then ill figure out how everyone fits. So ill have 3 bantams, and one LF polish... the run will be 5x12... the coop is attached from the outside and will be 4x5.. so 60 sq ft of running around space and possible chunnel later. But.. i want the 5 other dream chickens and possibly 2 of those will be those pretty silkie blue layers 💙
I need feedback on maximum bantams for 60 sq feet 😆

The 3, 2nd gen Polkies I have left. They are full sibs and pretty sure all 3 are pullets.
Halo (black one) did not keep her white crest.😕 Still has the funky brown stripes on her wings though.
The paint next to her is Shizuku, she looks pure Silkie. Super sweet and friendly and the Satin is Noa. Probably won’t keep all three of them but just hanging onto them for now and see how they develop.😊
F5A73752-914C-4A1A-83AA-FB57FEC0AE6B.jpeg
7D26BE4C-459D-431E-8537-F84027E56C0A.jpeg

The 3, 2nd gen Polkies I have left. They are full sibs and pretty sure all 3 are pullets.
Halo (black one) did not keep her white crest.😕 Still has the funky brown stripes on her wings though.
The paint next to her is Shizuku, she looks pure Silkie. Super sweet and friendly and the Satin is Noa. Probably won’t keep all three of them but just hanging onto them for now and see how they develop.😊View attachment 2913659View attachment 2913660
Omg too cute!! I like Noa a lot!

How did i stop getting notifications on ALLL THESE BABIES?!?!?!

Ok new coop is coming this weekend... i want to get it setup and get the sand in within a couple days of getting it, then ill figure out how everyone fits. So ill have 3 bantams, and one LF polish... the run will be 5x12... the coop is attached from the outside and will be 4x5.. so 60 sq ft of running around space and possible chunnel later. But.. i want the 5 other dream chickens and possibly 2 of those will be those pretty silkie blue layers 💙
I need feedback on maximum bantams for 60 sq feet 😆
I think you can do max 8 if they get all get along well with each other. 😊
Omg too cute!! I like Noa a lot!
Thanks! ❤️ I’ll probably keep her, she looks almost more Polish than silkie, her crest is really filling out nicely. Then I can use her to breed 3rd gen Polkies/satins!

I think you can do max 8 if they get all get along well with each other.
Welll.. thats the magical legal limit, so 8 it is!! I was going to try to squeeze in a couple more illegal ones 🐥🐥

Mpc has the silkie blue eggers.. so i might just get all of the breeds for my next batch from them at the same time. Im nervous about injuries from vent sexing tho, unless maybe they are autosexing at hatch 🤔

Wow! 55 in 7 weeks! That’s a lot of little floofers! 😍 I’m having baby chick withdrawals…but I really don’t have more space for anymore 😩😩😩
Yeah with just 8 I'm like re-checking for "poopy butts" over n over again...realizing it might have been same chick..so I Starr all over again! Lolol
55!? I cannot imagine!!!

Yeah with just 8 I'm like re-checking for "poopy butts" over n over again...realizing it might have been same chick..so I Starr all over again! Lolol
55!? I cannot imagine!!!
Well thankfully it wasn’t all at once!🤣
I think the most I had at one time was around 25. Sold each batch rather quickly before the next batch hatched.😊

Back
Top Bottom