Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I just had to share this picture I took tonight…my sister said it looks like an album cover 😆 They are my original gang, so I call it the OG Coop :)

Attachments

• F7EC4866-BA75-4BD7-BFD5-8612546CFA6C.jpeg
    F7EC4866-BA75-4BD7-BFD5-8612546CFA6C.jpeg
    466.9 KB · Views: 2
Ok thank u! Just an idea...I'm new to chickens so I'll leave that to u more experienced. Would LUV to see pics though! I'll check out that post. Thank u!

I dug up some pictures of some of my birds I either raised from hatching eggs or bred to show some pictures of chick to adult. I'll put them in another post, for some reason I had problems trying to put them in this one (maybe too many or I clicked something wrong and erased everything). 😅

Your little babies are looking silver based to me so hopefully there is a chance they might end up somewhat similar to that pretty little pullet/hen you posted. I love how you can better see patterning on the satins, I bet yours will be gorgeous! 🥰

The 3, 2nd gen Polkies I have left. They are full sibs and pretty sure all 3 are pullets.
Halo (black one) did not keep her white crest.😕 Still has the funky brown stripes on her wings though.
The paint next to her is Shizuku, she looks pure Silkie. Super sweet and friendly and the Satin is Noa. Probably won’t keep all three of them but just hanging onto them for now and see how they develop.😊View attachment 2913659View attachment 2913660

Aww they are getting so big and looking so pretty! ❤️

Do you still have that one little paint you were thinking of keeping with lots of spots? I adore the one you hatched with the black leg too! I wish my paints would give me some spots as interesting as those little ones! 😍😂

I just had to share this picture I took tonight…my sister said it looks like an album cover 😆 They are my original gang, so I call it the OG Coop :)

What a neat picture!! ❤️

I've posted a lot of these in the thread before so sorry for the repeat pictures for those who have seen them already. 😅

Anyway as promised some chick to adult pictures. A lot are just a picture of them under a week old then an adult/older adolescent picture but a few have a third stage in between. I'll probably break this up into 2-3 posts since it is so image heavy. 😂

Splash
Splash baby.jpg

Big momma.jpg

Paints

Head spot paint baby.jpg
head spot paint girl.jpg

Baby Fiona.jpg

Fiona.jpg

Hind spot paint baby.jpg

Hind spot juvanile paint.jpg

hind spot paint hen.jpg

Recessive whites (some silver based some gold or silver/gold)

Peekaboo and Mini.jpg

Mini.jpg

Peekaboo.jpg

willow baby.jpg

Willow juvanile 2 wks.jpg

Willow (pullet).jpg

Typey rec white chick.jpg

rec white typey girl 4-5 wks.jpg

Typey rec white girl.jpg

rec white boy chick.jpg

Rec white boy 4-5 wks.jpg

Rec white boy.jpg

Mix color/blue?

Coco baby.jpg

Coco.jpg

Unknown/mixed background but looks to have silver partridge/grey genetics with autosomal red leakage, the second appears to also be carrying blue as well.

Colby chick.jpg

Colby.jpg

Jasper baby.jpg

Jasper juvanile.jpg

Jasper.jpg

Same background (sibling) as the last two boys but with dominant white as well making a red pyle like color.

Fiore chick.jpg

Fiore juvanile.jpg

Fiore.jpg

These next ones are from a sort of red pyle project I am trying and offspring to the last boy. All full siblings but only the first two inherited the dominant white to make a red pyle like look.

Sienna chick.jpg

Sienna 4-5 wks.jpg

Sienna.jpg

red pyle boy chick.jpg

Red pyle boy juvanile.jpg

Red pyle boy.jpg

silver partridge girl chick.jpg

silver partridge girl juvanile.jpg

Silver partridge girl.jpg

silver partridge girl 2 chick.jpg

silver partridge girl 2 juvanile.jpg

silver partridge girl 2.jpg

Red partridge girl chick.jpg

Red partridge girl juvanile.jpg

red partridge pullet.jpg

silver partridge with red boy chick.jpg

silver partridge boy with red juvanile.jpg

silver partridge with red boy.jpg

(sorry for the scraggly tail picture....either molting or because he's in with some other boys I think)

Last edited:
Aww they are getting so big and looking so pretty! ❤️

Do you still have that one little paint you were thinking of keeping with lots of spots? I adore the one you hatched with the black leg too! I wish my paints would give me some spots as interesting as those little ones! 😍😂

I've posted a lot of these in the thread before so sorry for the repeat pictures for those who have seen them already. 😅

Anyway as promised some chick to adult pictures. A lot are just a picture of them under a week old then an adult/older adolescent picture but a few have a third stage in between. I'll probably break this up into 2-3 posts since it is so image heavy. 😂

Splash
View attachment 2913845
View attachment 2913846

Paints

View attachment 2913847View attachment 2913848
View attachment 2913849
View attachment 2913851
View attachment 2913852
View attachment 2913853
View attachment 2913854

Recessive whites (some silver based some gold or silver/gold)

View attachment 2913855
View attachment 2913856
View attachment 2913857
View attachment 2913858
View attachment 2913865
View attachment 2913862
View attachment 2913866
View attachment 2913867
View attachment 2913868
View attachment 2913869
View attachment 2913870
View attachment 2913871

I sold all the paint silkie chicks except for one. Of course now regretting it. I only have a few blacks left, because I was unable to sell them. There were many chicks with great markings, though none as cool looking as that little one in the first batch. All the silkies were from the same pairing, so will be interesting to see what Eko throws with other hens.
There is a limited market here for high quality silkies, if I want to get serious about this, I will have to rethink my whole set up and sell birds that are not contributing to the breeding program to make room for a grow out pen.
Of course almost all my birds are pets, so that would be difficult.
Decisions, decisons!

Your birds are so gorgeous!😍
Seeing how much the paints change, I wish I had kept some even more now! The one I have left has very little in the way of markings right now. I do have a buyer interested in this one, but have not decided if I will sell it. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom