Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 793 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Another baby has hatched. Poor little thing has been all alone for a day and a half now.... I just moved her out of the incubator and into a brooder. Added a mirror to help her not be lonely. Today I got a good look at her coloring... Wow, I think she is going to be very pretty! I'll get a picture of her tomorrow.... But she is a mix of grey/light blue and buff.

I candled the remaining 5 eggs. Two are pipped internally. Another is not pipped internally but looks very close. The remaining two are easily one to two weeks behind respectively. Still... The little nugget should have some siblings in the next few days!

My youngest Silkies:

Candy - around 3wks old
IMG_20211205_074823_1.jpg

And these three unnamed silkie crosses
(they all have 4 toes) - 1wk old
IMG_20211205_074949.jpg
IMG_20211205_075242.jpg

IMG_20211205_075030.jpg

The black ones will be normal feathered. Not sure about the white one The eggs came from a mixed pen so It’s hard to tell if the lack of toes is because it's mixed or because of a deformity🤷‍♀️
I think they can have 4 toes, or 6, and not be deformed. I think the silkie feathering and dark skin could be a better sign. The black one looks so cute to me 😍

I think they can have 4 toes, or 6, and not be deformed. I think the silkie feathering and dark skin could be a better sign. The black one looks so cute to me 😍
Thanks! One (the female) has a similair personality as her mom- flighty and doesn't like to be held. The other one (male) is the total opposite. He likes to be held, he's curious and overall SILKIE🤣

Back
Top Bottom