Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Yes, this is sweet Hanabi. 🥰
She is just over being broody. She is sharing the small nest box with Amai.
I want another cochin, just not one with mood swings like Elsa. If i get one, ill try for a red or buff frizzle.. but bantam easter eggers and silkie Easter eggers are really calling me!

Funny, Elsa was so sweet during her spa bath, i even had to hold her head up, she was so relaxed and falling asleep. But minutes prior, i had to use a broom to keep her from flying at my ankles!! She's not always mean, just MOODY!

Yall I'm amazed at how much these little ones are growin!!!
Pretty sure 4 of the 5 Alabama chicks are gonna be satin silkies!!! Prayin 2 turn out like their momas! Gorgeous!!!
Then 3 blues from my own Vanilli n Mango.
We had a warm 70s day so got outside for bit!

Attachments

• r7tcpoTt-2301172150.jpeg
    r7tcpoTt-2301172150.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 2
  • t8K59Dey-2301273411.jpeg
    t8K59Dey-2301273411.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 1
  • ITeMd1W0-2301281332.jpeg
    ITeMd1W0-2301281332.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 1
  • sHX80sgS-2301309704.jpeg
    sHX80sgS-2301309704.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 1
Ok this little black one is really surprising me with these feathers comin in!!!
So yall think satin silkie for it too?
Any ideas in what color this is gonna be?

Love the way the color is coming in on this one, I haven't really seen it come in just on the breast before. I'm not sure what the adult coloration will look like, I'm guessing maybe the silver leakage might come in more but it could just stay where it is now. It's an interesting color for sure, I'm sure it'll be fun seeing how it changes! He/she does look like a little satin to me too. 🥰

The others are all adorable as well! 😍

Love the way the color is coming in on this one, I haven't really seen it come in just on the breast before. I'm not sure what the adult coloration will look like, I'm guessing maybe the silver leakage might come in more but it could just stay where it is now. It's an interesting color for sure, I'm sure it'll be fun seeing how it changes! He/she does look like a little satin to me too. 🥰

It has some of same feathers coming on tip top of head as qell as behind large feathers on sides...crazy!

Ok this little black one is really surprising me with these feathers comin in!!!
So yall think satin silkie for it too?
Any ideas in what color this is gonna be?

Agreed!❤️
This little satin chick is just gorgeous! Can’t wait to see how it feathers out, please keep us updated!😊

The pluses of working from home! Sitting on my front lanai (patio) and get to see this spectacular sunrise.😊 if you look closely you can see the snow on MaunaKea around all the observatories. This is from the recent “blizzard“ that the media was hyping up. No snow on the beach though.🤣
And now the chicks get to be out on the grass where I can see them while I work.🥰
Life IS good.😊
D692C122-A11B-4B7C-A5F9-447008FC7DF7.jpeg
B0AE05CB-9284-43B8-AB2F-F834B8E22E15.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom