Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Blacks from paint breeding do not carry the paint gene. Paint is either expressed or it is not. I thought so at first too, but after extensive research and a fantastic explanation from @LynnaePB as usual, any blacks can be used to produce paint. It is the dominant white that is important. So if your paints end up being female, you just need a nice black rooster to breed more paints (or vice-a-versa of course). You can also breed paint to paint.
My paint boy is so good. He crows 4-5 times when the sun comes out and that's it. I have had one that crowed ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT, he moved on to someone who had a bigger property and no neighbors!😊
Very interesting! I love hearing about the genetics.. well between all of these chicks, i should get at least one m/f pair (counting my chickens before they're sexed 🤣).

If i can open the coop door after 7am, hopefully any crowing can be muffled for a minimal crower. I agree an all day talker needs bigger land. I'm in a regular subdivision neighborhood. Although the neighbors to the side of me tell me they'd love a rooster! I better do the picking so they don't 🤣

I'm back again, but this time with sad news as my favourite silkie died. :hit I'm not sure what the cause was, but hopefully it wasn't too painful for her.
Oh no, im so sorry to hear that 😢 i think the one peace we can have with birds is things tend to be swift, which hurts our hearts, but minimizes pain for them :hugs 🌸❤ sorry you lost your little bird.

My little black silkie cochin has been doing a head wobble after scratching its ears/nose... that is the only time it happens. Otherwise its very high energy, got the zoomies, is trying to fly, eats and drinks fine, poops are normal. I just added save a chick vitamin and probiotic packets. Anything else pertinent to silkies that i should try?

My little black silkie cochin has been doing a head wobble after scratching its ears/nose... that is the only time it happens. Otherwise its very high energy, got the zoomies, is trying to fly, eats and drinks fine, poops are normal. I just added save a chick vitamin and probiotic packets. Anything else pertinent to silkies that i should try?
I have had chicks do this as well, it usually stops after awhile on it's own. Good to add the vitamins, especially the B's. Just keep an eye on it, should be fine.😊

I have had chicks do this as well, it usually stops after awhile on it's own. Good to add the vitamins, especially the B's. Just keep an eye on it, should be fine.😊
Ok, thanks! I was worried about wry neck, but its walking around fine. I'll do the vitamins for the next week. ❤

Back
Top Bottom