Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Oh goodness there are a lot of adorable photos of chicks and adults since I last checked the thread, I'm loving seeing them all! :love

So I ended up keeping two of my paint chicks after all!😃 One was left over from the last batch of chicks. She is practically all white I just see one little black spot over the wing. We’ll see if she develops more coloring as she gets older. The other one I ended up keeping is the one with the black leg. I had actually sold her, along with 4 others. I asked the buyer if I could keep this one after all and she was fine with it. Also have the three little black chicks that were left over from previous hatches. So five silkie grow outs in all. I’m going to do my best to hold onto these five until I can see which ones would be good to keep.😊
Recent photo of the chick with the black leg, which my daughter has named Nico.View attachment 2930016

That is so wonderful you are getting to keep a couple of the paints! I love you got to keep Nico (love the name and hopefully the adult feathering is just as neat)! I hope both paints and the black silkie babies grow out to be really lovely for you. ❤️

I'm back again, but this time with sad news as my favourite silkie died. :hit I'm not sure what the cause was, but hopefully it wasn't too painful for her.

I'm so so sorry you lost your favorite silkie girl. 😢 :hugs

Oh goodness there are a lot of adorable photos of chicks and adults since I last checked the thread, I'm loving seeing them all! :love

That is so wonderful you are getting to keep a couple of the paints! I love you got to keep Nico (love the name and hopefully the adult feathering is just as neat)! I hope both paints and the black silkie babies grow out to be really lovely for you. ❤️

I'm so so sorry you lost your favorite silkie girl. 😢 :hugs
thank you! I love the hen in your profile picture. What's her name?

good morning 😁 here's a pic of my Puff to start the day
it's a muddy mess over here, the weather is incredibly mild for December
20211216_101229.jpg
20211216_101231.jpg

a month ago my dogs killed my beautiful black roo. I have 1 black hen, 1 blue pullet and 8 black chicks. my hen laid an egg today. I have realized that I cannot wait for the chicks to grow up so luckily found an ad for a cockerel. he is 7 mo, splash and already traveling. I am going to pick him up tomorrow morning. :fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl

a month ago my dogs killed my beautiful black roo. I have 1 black hen, 1 blue pullet and 8 black chicks. my hen laid an egg today. I have realized that I cannot wait for the chicks to grow up so luckily found an ad for a cockerel. he is 7 mo, splash and already traveling. I am going to pick him up tomorrow morning. :fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl
So sorry you lost your rooster.:hugs

Back
Top Bottom