Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Yep agreed, boys. Gorgeous colour! I love buff / orange and red leakage 😍 will you rehome them?
I’ve got so many roos right now 😩 Hopefully someone will take them, feed just jumped another $4 and I can’t keep everyone. The layers are laying for themselves luckily, so the fun babies need to move on. If no one takes them by mid June, they should hopefully be safe to free range and can be grasshopper patrol

Look at my new chick, Goose, who looks like a penguin!

IMG-20220530-WA0020.jpeg

I believe she's a silkie mix. Black feet with feathers, black beak and a single comb and 4 toes.

Silkies are perfect size for soup. That's what happens to my extra roosters. Mom will take all I'm willing to part with because they taste like the real chicken she remembers from growing up. She prefers to chicken and dumpling them.
Great you have a plan for every one of them! No problems hatching as many you want!! I don't have the stomach to be able to pluck them 🤢

Great you have a plan for every one of them! No problems hatching as many you want!! I don't have the stomach to be able to pluck them 🤢

I bawled my head off on the first ones I dispatched. Mom gets clean and frozen birds from me. Hubby has a harder time of dealing with it. Worse is having to put down a favorite because of health issues because it's kinder.

It's definitely not something everyone can do.

Back
Top Bottom