Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I was hoping he was he was bought as a cockerel but he hasn't started trying to crow . I know silkies are difficult to sex and I was thinking maybe the seller made a mistake

I have had cockerels not crow until well past 9 months old. Even as an adult one of them rarely crows.

I hatched some Silkie eggs under a broody, they were free from my friends backyard mixed flock. Not sure if either are mixed, but they sure are pretty. The black one actually has a bit of brown on his head and lighter fluff on his belly.

I was never really interested in Silkies but these two make 6! Oldest are only 7 weeks so I’m still new. I love watching them run across the yard!
Cute lil babies u got!

Has anyone got a cochin silkie cross to show us?!
I luv how chunky the cochins are!!!
I luv the d'uccles foot feathers!!!
I figure ya put it all together after few generations and u got my perfect baby!
Lol

Father was a bantam birchen cochin. Mother is partridge silkie.
20220628_154422.jpg
20220628_154523.jpg

Would you say it's easier to get the top hat when the hen is a silkie vs a rooster being the silkie?

I actually don't know. She has a huge crest compared to all other silkie crosses Ive had. Even her sister has what Ive seen as a normal crest for a cross. I think it has more to do with the fact her mother has a big crest for a silkie.

Sister. This is before I collected eggs for the day.
20220628_165642.jpg

Mother
20220628_165847.jpg

Back
Top Bottom