Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Broody Betty and Fuzzy hatched my baby Olandsk Dwarf chickies and now take them out and about with the whole flock 😍 I lost the last to hatch baby on the day it was 105 out…just wasn’t strong enough :-( but these three are happy and busy so far…gonna be using Betty and Fuzzy from now on 😆 SO much easier than an incubator 😍
View attachment 3167676
So precious!

Broody Betty and Fuzzy hatched my baby Olandsk Dwarf chickies and now take them out and about with the whole flock 😍 I lost the last to hatch baby on the day it was 105 out…just wasn’t strong enough :-( but these three are happy and busy so far…gonna be using Betty and Fuzzy from now on 😆 SO much easier than an incubator 😍
View attachment 3167676
Got to just love it when a plan comes together... Sweet!

Speaking of plans.. I found Tootsie on her side this morning. Due to the splint on her toe she was keeping that leg extended forward, and was just exhausted trying to move around on the other foot.. So, I stuck her fuzzy butt in a home made sling made from lacy curtain material I had stuffed in a box (from years ago). The material is stretchy so it is soft and has some bounce to it.. she's been lifting herself up on both legs now that she has support.

Speaking of plans.. I found Tootsie on her side this morning. Due to the splint on her toe she was keeping that leg extended forward, and was just exhausted trying to move around on the other foot.. So, I stuck her fuzzy butt in a home made sling made from lacy curtain material I had stuffed in a box (from years ago). The material is stretchy so it is soft and has some bounce to it.. she's been lifting herself up on both legs now that she has support.
Awe! Good thing u acted fast! Hopefully she'll heal better now and rest.

She ate and drank with gusto and enjoyed her little bit of scratch from my hand,,, then turned her head and fell asleep soon after.
Awe
I have had a few I worked so hard to try and save...only 1 out of 3 ever survived (little newborn chicks while back). 2 with slipped tendons didn't make it but splay leg did!!! And it was a bad case unable to even stand at all just sat on its lil but.

Back
Top Bottom