Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
@Gammas Bearded Babies who owns or sells these pretty silkies! 🤩
View attachment 3169305
There's a group of breeders on Facebook I found that are Lauren Taylor's chickens as well as several others that are breeding for these unique colors in satins and silkies!
This particular one says it is from Anna Whybrew's line. Most breeders seem to be in Michigan area.
I often beg my DH for a road trip to get one of these gorgeous babies!
I mean it is the background on my phone!!!

Break from gardening this evening. I have a chair in the courtyard where they "free range".

20220630_193939.jpg
20220630_193952.jpg
20220630_194900.jpg
20220630_195715.jpg

Oh my goodness such beautiful Silkies you have :love .. It's so relaxing sitting and watching chickens! I wish I had more time to just sit and watch!
I love the perching in the chair pic! What colour combo did you use to get those ones? And did you place them up there coz I can't imagine them jumping that high haha 😂
How many do you have?

Oh my goodness such beautiful Silkies you have :love .. It's so relaxing sitting and watching chickens! I wish I had more time to just sit and watch!
I love the perching in the chair pic! What colour combo did you use to get those ones? And did you place them up there coz I can't imagine them jumping that high haha 😂
How many do you have?

Those are partridge color. Roosters on the arms. Others are hens. Yes I put them there. It was a bit windy that day. Silkies pose pretty well. Getting 6 to cooperate takes patience. They stick pretty well. I had the tripod set up to make it easier. It was all centered so I just needed to focus. It was too many birds for a visually nice picture, but a good sampling of my breeding at that point in time.

I have somewhere around 60 silkie or silkie mixes at the moment. That's not counting the laying pen with the ameraucana and EEs. Any of my home bred EEs have silkie blood. The flock rooster in there is silkie/ameraucana. He's been the absolute best rooster. Vigilant, puts himself between danger and his hens, friendly to me.

Back
Top Bottom