Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Collected up chicks from a mixed pen to check feet and discard shells. Still some eggs to hatch in there. Father is a partridge silkie. Mothers are partridge silkie, cochin/silkie, and cochin/silkie (with some ameraucana in their background). So some of these should lay blue eggs.

View attachment 3191755

Aww they are just gorgeous, so much variety in color! I hope the odds of green eggs end up in your favor. 🥰

Decided to let the girls run amok in the yard this morning.. they loved it!

Minnie did what i expected (fly to me). It was interesting how the old girls and new girls stuck together in their own groups. My silkie and polkie (Bambina and Betty) are always side by side.

View attachment 3192098View attachment 3192099View attachment 3192100View attachment 3192101

What an adorable flock you have! Mini sounds like such a sweetie and they are all so pretty! Your little tolbunts have such a beautiful color, I'd love to see the same in silkies and satins at some point. 😍

He sure was a handsome boy, I'm really sorry to hear he was throwing too many spinal issues. It's too bad your preferred breeds weren't working out very well but it looks like you've got a lovely start to your silkies. I hope the little puffballs grow on you. ☺️

Mara, my BCM hatched 3 chicks out of a stockpile (hens were adding daily) and I'm trying to figure out who was the momma of this lil booper.. Shall we play a game?
The Chick:View attachment 3193462
The Potential mamas and dad:View attachment 3193463
It wasn't Bonnie's, her's all look like mini BOs, It wasn't Peg's because there wasn't an empty eggshell matching hers (Welsommer, not hard to determine). So, it was either Starshine (BSL mix) or Twist (Cinnamon Queen)... I suspect Sunshine.

Aww what a little cutie! I'd guess Starshine as the mom too. Looks like she has some darker skin from what I can see of her face. That would fit with the little one having those darker legs too.

I just love them. I have 3 black ( 1frizzle, 1 satin,1 regular) 2 partridge, 1 buff and 2 white. They all have different personalities.

What a pretty little flock you have! ❤️

This chick hatched this morning. It's the fluffiest one so far.
20220720_133846.jpg

OMGeeze u got one adorable little cotton ball there!!! I've never seen any baby this fluffy before!?!
Is this from your chickens or hatching eggs from somewhere else?!

It's mine. I'm pretty sure that it's mom was the cochin/silkie that I couldn't save from being egg bound. I just cant get over that head fluff.

Oh and it does NOT have a vaulted skull. That's all fluff

It's mine. I'm pretty sure that it's mom was the cochin/silkie that I couldn't save from being egg bound. I just cant get over that head fluff
Oh man! What a sweet gift if so since she's gone! Definitely a keeper the way that floof is out there! Can't wait to hear bout the personality to match it 😃

Back
Top Bottom