Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
The flurfs. :love Any obvious boys? 5 weeks old.
20220926_155742.jpg 20220926_155751.jpg 20220926_155838.jpg 20220926_155815.jpg 20220926_155746.jpg

Hey yalll couple questions and concerns regarding my boy Joey...he'll be a year old in November. He's never really had the masdive feet feathers like some of my others...especially Bluey...but Joey had some coming in and they were really long and I got all excited...then it broke off!
I noticed a while back he was missing a toe nail on his other foot...it has begun to grow back now.
So I'm wondering am I dealing with possibly scaley leg mites?
I've never seen em so no idea how to really tell. I know all my birds are clean on their bodies atleast.
Here's a video and picture...
20220930_171742.jpg

2nd question/ concern...
I noticed he was holding his foot up and a little limp when i got him out in the yard with me away from the others.
I've never thought the bottom of his foot looked like bumblefoot...but he did have a small black callous like thing but it came right off when i went to pick it with my finger nail.
His foot didn't look red or anything nor is it hard like an infection is there.
So I soaked both him feet in Epsom salt soak then dried him off.
20220930_171613.jpg

What are yall's thoughts on both his feathers and his foot?

His feathers look fine. I also do not see scaly leg mites. These are more like crusty white scaly lesions.
I do not think he has bumble foot. I think he just had an injury to his foot pad. Good to soak in Epson salts, you can also wrap the foot in Vet wrap after applying bacitracin ointment if it looks infected.
Take the bandage off, re-soak the foot, re-apply ointment and new bandage on every two days until healed.🙂

His feathers look fine. I also do not see scaly leg mites. These are more like crusty white scaly lesions.
I do not think he has bumble foot. I think he just had an injury to his foot pad. Good to soak in Epson salts, you can also wrap the foot in Vet wrap after applying bacitracin ointment if it looks infected.
Take the bandage off, re-soak the foot, re-apply ointment and new bandage on every two days until healed.🙂
Oh good! Man what would I do without you!?!

Oh speaking of you....lolol
I got to thinking bout how I was supposed to get some porcelain eggs in that batch of cochins but none and only 1 buff...so I did a thing yall!!! :D

I contacted the lady @LynnaePB (i think it was her) had mentioned - Bobbi Porta and ordered a dozen porcelain and buff eggs coming next week all SILKIES!!!
:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom