Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
got a couple of vids today... First one is a blue silkie pullet I really like out of Shadow Captain and Poof Poof. Not splotchy like most of the splashes.
Then her full sister from the same hatch.
There are two more Blue babies still in with mom and dad, and mom's sitting on eggs again (4), 3 not hers.
And lastly a good look at the new babies.. Ginger and brown chipmunk I believe are from a cochin mix (red momma), and the two light partridge from the Puff Meister.

got a couple of vids today... First one is a blue silkie pullet I really like out of Shadow Captain and Poof Poof. Not splotchy like most of the splashes.
There are two more Blue babies still in with mom and dad, and mom's sitting on eggs again (4), 3 not hers.
And lastly a good look at the new babies.. Ginger and brown chipmunk I believe are from a cochin mix (red momma), and the two light partridge from the Puff Meister.
Adorable babies ya got there!

Looks like my broodies will have 2 each to raise though I left 3 eggs underneath each as both had 1 that I was unsure about if it was developing not.
Unfortunately most were not fertile.
Hatch due around the 23rd. Hopefully I will get some pullets out of the 4 eggs as I always hatch early spring to have POL before winter for eggs all winter long! It's getting late already though because of fertility problems.
IMG_20221005_164743.jpg

Gorgeous fluffies you have!! :love

Gorgeous fluffies you have!! :love
Thanks so much.. I just started with silkies this year.. All of them given to me. Then it was deciding which roo to put the only hen with. That's working out well.. Now I have two more pullets that were part of the 5 given to me.. both blue spash (Eenie and Meenie). Plus two pullets from my first pairing. I've put Top Gun in with the younger girls, hope he's not related to either of the blue splash girls. They all (the blue splash) came from Alabama Silkies. You can see him in both of the vids. Such a good boy. One thing I find interesting is there is a younger roo (I'm assuming at this point he is a roo) that sticks by Top Gun's side like they are best of buds. Other older cockerels or Roos would probably be chasing him all over.

Thanks so much.. I just started with silkies this year.. All of them given to me. Then it was deciding which roo to put the only hen with. That's working out well.. Now I have two more pullets that were part of the 5 given to me.. both blue spash (Eenie and Meenie). Plus two pullets from my first pairing. I've put Top Gun in with the younger girls, hope he's not related to either of the blue splash girls. They all (the blue splash) came from Alabama Silkies. You can see him in both of the vids. Such a good boy. One thing I find interesting is there is a younger roo (I'm assuming at this point he is a roo) that sticks by Top Gun's side like they are best of buds. Other older cockerels or Roos would probably be chasing him all over.

my silkie boys are good buddies except when one of them tries to mate. then they chase off each other.

Back
Top Bottom