Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
No idea how this girl jump flies so high up! Twice today I have caught her up on the shelf there and carried her down, I don't think she knows how to get down
IMG_20221025_160110.jpg

No idea how this girl jump flies so high up! Twice today I have caught her up on the shelf there and carried her down, I don't think she knows how to get down
View attachment 3302020
One of my Silkies, Kana, can actually get up onto the lower outdoor perch that the smooth feathered bantams use.
Interestingly enough the only other Silkie that can do this is her biological daughter Kai, which she did not raise. Must be genetic! They can get back down again. Comes in handy when the rooster is chasing them and they don’t want anything to do with him. He is unable to get up there.🤣

Had a silkie rooster who could just make it the 3 feet onto the large fowl roost with the girls. Before he'd practiced enough for that, he'd work his way up and over lower spots like the cross bars leg supports and the nest box landing bar. From the ends he could jump flap to the first roost and work his way over.

Have a silkie pullet who makes it 4 feet on top of their peak roofed house. Watched her do it one night. She can just make it past the bottom of the roof and flap climb up the rest of the way up.

Back
Top Bottom