Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
This is the color silkie I have been wanting. I have pure white silkies. What can I breed with them to make this color
One of the roosters appears to be paint the other one I'm not sure off the top of my head. To get paint you will need a dominant white silkie crossed with a solid black silkie. Knowing if you have a dominant or recessive white silkie can be hard just by looking at them but getting a better idea by breeding them. As chicks, dominant whites will have a reddish tone or almost gold looking hatch. Recessive whites however have a silvery tone and can feather in pure white. I had a silkie that was grey but feathered in white and her chicks are somewhat golden at hatch. (That was because she was crossed with a buff rooster). But, I believe she is recessive white because of the way she feathered in. Hopefully this helps a little. 😊

One of the roosters appears to be paint the other one I'm not sure off the top of my head.
I though he was splash?
The other is Blue silver Partridge.
I have no idea about the genetics of Partridge, still learning that my self.
To breed a splash you need blue, I believe.
Am still learning the genetics of all the colours so I hope that's correct :)

Awe I'm sorry to hear that about your new place! Have you gotten everything all setup and settled in now?

predators are a part of nature.

I spent money as prices are 3x what they used to be and stopped all the works. at the moment I am trying to hatch and sell. later I will do whatever I can without paying people who don't do the jobs but take money. they were dancing instead of working for 100 eur per day so they are history. some friends will help me for free and only 1 person will come to dig for a day or two.

I spent money as prices are 3x what they used to be and stopped all the works. at the moment I am trying to hatch and sell. later I will do whatever I can without paying people who don't do the jobs but take money. they were dancing instead of working for 100 eur per day so they are history. some friends will help me for free and only 1 person will come to dig for a day or two.
Awe I'm sorr my to hear that.
We have similar issues here with people not showing up to build the back porch in place of the rotting deck. They were supposed to have been done in February and they can't say weather is the issue cause they have literally missed weeks of beautiful weather they could have been done with 4 back porches!
Very frustrating 😕 I feel ya!

Lazies where I'm at too... i just do it all myself at this point.

I'm super devastated this morning. Went out to find my beautiful I'm Blue Too and Running Bear slaughtered.. no holes in the fence or deer netting... Possibly weasel, ferret or raccoon.. Traps have been set around the place, but what ever it is isn't interested in eggs as it left 7 eggs untouched in the nest. I so feel like giving up at this point! :hit
:hit

Back
Top Bottom