Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Oh!!! That partridge is gorgeous!!! So much floof!

Hey question on the blue cream formerly known as porcelain...so is that just for Silkies? Curious bout the porcelain since that is what I had planned on trying to do as project.
This color? (This is my porcelain duccle) If so it's not just silkies there is many other breeds that have it.

Attachments

• IMG_20211111_130926411_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211111_130926411_HDR.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20211111_120445199.jpg
    IMG_20211111_120445199.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 2
This color? (This is my porcelain duccle) If so it's not just silkies there is many other breeds that have it.
Yeah I have 3 porcelain d'uccles too!
Cute baby ya got there!!!

I wasn't sure if porcelain wasn't recognized as a color just for Silkies or across the board. I mean it makes sense for Silkies since ya can't really see the porcelain detailing. So Blue Cream fits better if changed just with regard to Silkies.

Ok, so I got Eeny Meeny Meiny Mo and Minnie all squared away today.. started with two of the smallest going from light to darker splash, then the two biggest doing the same, and one small one with darkest splashes was Minnie.. that was easy..
Then on the the itty bitty pen.. I can't believe they were cooperating today. Pete and Repeat at times.
LilPP.JPG
LilPP1and3.JPG
LilPP-2.JPG
Mohawk.JPG
GrowingStrong.JPG

Oh!!! That partridge is gorgeous!!! So much floof!

Hey question on the blue cream formerly known as porcelain...so is that just for Silkies? Curious bout the porcelain since that is what I had planned on trying to do as project.

Just silkies. That color wasn't the same as the color in the d'uccle. To be accepted in APA it had to have a different name as porcelain has to have the feather pattern which the silkie color does not.

Silkie color is lavender over buff, not the flower pattern.

New mom accidentally crushed an egg that had started hatching last evening when I checked them. Poor thing was shrink wrapped and yelling it's head off when I checked this morning. So had to dampen the membrane and peel it since a third of the shell was gone. Must dampen to see if the veins have receded and it makes it easier and unsticks it from the chick. Stretched out it's little feet to make sure they don't stay curled.

Been a few years since I've had to peel a chick. It's always good to know when to intervene and how to do so.

Ok, so I got Eeny Meeny Meiny Mo and Minnie all squared away today.. started with two of the smallest going from light to darker splash, then the two biggest doing the same, and one small one with darkest splashes was Minnie.. that was easy..
Then on the the itty bitty pen.. I can't believe they were cooperating today. Pete and Repeat at times.View attachment 3187212View attachment 3187213View attachment 3187214View attachment 3187215View attachment 3187211
Nice variations of splash!

New mom accidentally crushed an egg that had started hatching last evening when I checked them. Poor thing was shrink wrapped and yelling it's head off when I checked this morning. So had to dampen the membrane and peel it since a third of the shell was gone. Must dampen to see if the veins have receded and it makes it easier and unsticks it from the chick. Stretched out it's little feet to make sure they don't stay curled.

Been a few years since I've had to peel a chick. It's always good to know when to intervene and how to do so.
Glad u caught it in time!

Back
Top Bottom