Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 793 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Definitely not a silkie... Mr T (for Teeny) and Tiny Dancer his mentor definitely keep me on my toes.. I was trying to video him crowing, because it's so squeeky he makes me laugh.. he decided to descend the steps when KW, one of my bantam boys decided Mr T was fair game. Tiny Dancer flew off the railing and intercepted KW and held him off until I could get down there and shoosh KW back to his own area.
Very squeaky...but he's sure giving it all he's got!
I hate when they fight...hopefully Bluey will remain very girlee...lol

Definitely not a silkie... Mr T (for Teeny) and Tiny Dancer his mentor definitely keep me on my toes.. I was trying to video him crowing, because it's so squeeky he makes me laugh.. he decided to descend the steps when KW, one of my bantam boys decided Mr T was fair game. Tiny Dancer flew off the railing and intercepted KW and held him off until I could get down there and shoosh KW back to his own area.
Omgggg to cute!!! He wanted in on the game!! 🤣

I got a surprise tonight while locking up.. There were two more eggs in my young pullet pen. Tomorrow I'll have to check combs and see who's squatting.. I know who laid the egg this morning~ that be Willameena Wonka, a bantam daughter of my BCM. Going counter clockwise from 1 o'clock.. BSL egg, EE egg, BCM egg, Turtle Dove egg (beilefelder x ee), Willameena egg... 2 brand new eggs.
eggses.jpg

Who dunnit?

I got a surprise tonight while locking up.. There were two more eggs in my young pullet pen. Tomorrow I'll have to check combs and see who's squatting.. I know who laid the egg this morning~ that be Willameena Wonka, a bantam daughter of my BCM. Going counter clockwise from 1 o'clock.. BSL egg, EE egg, BCM egg, Turtle Dove egg (beilefelder x ee), Willameena egg... 2 brand new eggs.View attachment 3185432
Who dunnit?
Awwww, so cute! A bunch of our February pullets are looking super ready and I have no idea which are laying right now. Could be several of the WTB! But I’ve got several brown layers that are ready any time too. It’s such an exciting time for sure!

I wouldn't be able to sleep.. just like i couldn't at my last house. Which prompted me to call the police and animal control on my neighbors. After being threatened with arrest, they finally kept the dogs inside. i could hear the dogs barking and them yelling from WITHIN their own house! Highly trainable dogs. No excuse for endleds barking. (Sorry for the lack of sympathy 🤣).

that's why I bought land somewhat away from other properties. I can see them but I cannot hear their loud music, etc. that is what drives me nuts even at daytime. I don't mind animals or sounds of any engine (cars, bikes, etc). go figure.

I wouldn't be able to sleep.. just like i couldn't at my last house. Which prompted me to call the police and animal control on my neighbors. After being threatened with arrest, they finally kept the dogs inside. i could hear the dogs barking and them yelling from WITHIN their own house! Highly trainable dogs. No excuse for endleds barking. (Sorry for the lack of sympathy 🤣).

I'm working on the 13 week mini aussie puppy. He has a high pitched bark that could wake the dead. He hasn't got the concept "speak" yet even with the GSD setting an example. Once they know how to speak, "shut up" is easy to teach.

The puppy herds chickens like a champ. He's got good instinct for going around them when I'm trying to pen them. He's tried using the eye, but well that is a lost cause against my silkies. They do recognize the stance as intimidating and move. Between me and my white pvc pole that they can see and will take directions from, and him on the other side I havent had to have hubby help. And then when we are done he'll flop down with them and they ignore him. He doesn't actually scare them as adults are used to being herded. My aussie/heeler used to help with that.

I'm working on the 13 week mini aussie puppy. He has a high pitched bark that could wake the dead. He hasn't got the concept "speak" yet even with the GSD setting an example. Once they know how to speak, "shut up" is easy to teach.

The puppy herds chickens like a champ. He's got good instinct for going around them when I'm trying to pen them. He's tried using the eye, but well that is a lost cause against my silkies. They do recognize the stance as intimidating and move. Between me and my white pvc pole that they can see and will take directions from, and him on the other side I havent had to have hubby help. And then when we are done he'll flop down with them and they ignore him. He doesn't actually scare them as adults are used to being herded. My aussie/heeler used to help with that.
My old dog, since passed away, was an aussie/gsd/catahoula mix... gorgeous.. allegedly the type to have small animals as breakfast biscuits 😋 but she was a little puppy when i had baby rabbits and baby parrots running around the floor with her. She was always great with all animals, except lizards.. she really wanted to get those lizards!

Even my maltipoos, so cute, but oh can you see that hunting instinct when they get outside, they run like greyhounds. But I'm glad they were puppies when i got the chicks. They only stare at the chickens to monitor for poop treats 💩 🍦 🤢

My neighbors had no excuse for the dogs barking. They were trained search dogs for weapons! So they knew speak and quiet. It was willful laziness on the owners parts. Miraculously, when they got sick of their own dogs keeping them up, they suddenly stepped up the training for their behaviors outside. Unfortunately for them, the dogs already learned barking got them a police call and a trip to the air conditioned comfy sofa in the house!

Meet Perdy....hopefully not a Pongo!
Saweet lil paint!
This is the one that had the bleeding toe n I put med on n wrapped for few days. Just took bandage off and she went right back to pecking at it.
Any ideas why? The toe doesn't look broken. Does appear a feather or 2 are missing which could explain the bleeding? She walks just fine on it. Maybe tad bit puffy underneath foot on that toe.
I'm guessing she's a Satin!
What yall think?

Attachments

• 20220714_122259.jpg
    20220714_122259.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220714_122412.jpg
    20220714_122412.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220714_122410.jpg
    20220714_122410.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 2