Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
@LadiesAndJane was the one who posted here with some great examples of satin vs silkie feathering early on. 🥰

If you'd like to post pictures of your little ones wings here I'm sure you'd get some good opinions. I know I'd be happy to let you know what feather type they look like they have anyhow
I found it! Guess it wasnt coming up cuz I filtered for your name! Thank you!
I'll try to get pics of em today to gets yalls input! Just hard for me to hold a chick, a wing, and take pic...and we have the dreaded c....d!

@LadiesAndJane I think it's difficult to rehome those we luv but so much more important to take care of yourself and the babies we got! Sending hugs your way as you say goodbye to them!

Speaking of calico projects...I'm not planning on doing a full blown out project but I am going to try and breed my paint naked with my absolute gorgeous partridge roo to see what I get in the calico colored family. Here's their pictures.

Attachments

• 20220701_150729.jpg
    20220701_150729.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220620_102726.jpg
    20220620_102726.jpg
    714.5 KB · Views: 2
I found it! Guess it wasnt coming up cuz I filtered for your name! Thank you!
I'll try to get pics of em today to gets yalls input! Just hard for me to hold a chick, a wing, and take pic...and we have the dreaded c....d!

@LadiesAndJane I think it's difficult to rehome those we luv but so much more important to take care of yourself and the babies we got! Sending hugs your way as you say goodbye to them!
Thank you!❤️ It is really hard to let them go!🥲
I also ended up not buying back the four chicks from a previous customer. Need to keep my numbers under control and manageable for my daughter.

Last edited:
Speaking of calico projects...I'm not planning on doing a full blown out project but I am going to try and breed my paint naked with my absolute gorgeous partridge roo to see what I get in the calico colored family. Here's their pictures.
I crossed my paint silkie rooster with my blue Partridge hen and got blue paint, black paint, black and blue chicks. Many of them developed leakage later from the Partridge side. Others did not.
This lovely boy was from this crossing. He was sold as a chick and now is turning out quite lovely. I love it when people who buy my chicks send me update photos! Amazing beard!
26CDF673-2DA6-477D-ACB0-587CF4009ECE.jpeg

Thank you!❤️ It is really hard to let them go!🥲
I also ended up not buying back the four chicks from a previous customer. Need to keep my numbers under control and manageable for my daughter.
I feel ya...yeah I'm glad I didnt lady changed her mind n kept Grayson! He was pretty but pretty sure Bluey is a boy...very mild mannered boy but I'm sure that will change!

how would you sleep with 2 german shepherds barking under the window all night? when I hear crowing in the morning it is like music to my ears, lol.
I wouldn't be able to sleep.. just like i couldn't at my last house. Which prompted me to call the police and animal control on my neighbors. After being threatened with arrest, they finally kept the dogs inside. i could hear the dogs barking and them yelling from WITHIN their own house! Highly trainable dogs. No excuse for endleds barking. (Sorry for the lack of sympathy 🤣).

I crossed my paint silkie rooster with my blue Partridge hen and got blue paint, black paint, black and blue chicks. Many of them developed leakage later from the Partridge side. Others did not.
This lovely boy was from this crossing. He was sold as a chick and now is turning out quite lovely. I love it when people who buy my chicks send me update photos! Amazing beard!View attachment 3184784
Adorable!!! I might need to consider another partridge in the future. Just too cute.

Back
Top Bottom