Silkies! What are we? Lots of Pics!

yellowflower

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Bradford NH
I have 13 silkies. 4 of them are 5 months and from a breeder. The other 9 are 4 months and from Cackle Hatchery. I need to rehome some roosters soon. I'm hearing at least 2 in the morning before I let them out but they don't do it outside! I'm pretty sure on 4 of them but still guessing on the others. Any guesses would be appreciated!
Here is my 5mth cuckoo,I believe a roo.
32018_silkiescuckoo2.jpg

32018_silkiescuckoo4.jpg

32018_silkiescuckoo1.jpg

This is my 4mth splash I also think is a roo.
32018_silkiesbsplash.jpg

32018_silkiesbsplas2.jpg

Another 4mth spash ??
32018_silkieslsplas2.jpg

32018_silkiesltlsps.jpg

4 mth blue not sure he/she has been slow feathering.
32018_silkiesdkb2.jpg

32018_silkiesbl.jpg

Here's a couple of whites. The one in the rear is 5mths the other one 4 mths.
32018_silkieswht.jpg

This one has a strange coloring. I think a roo at 5mths.
32018_silkiesgrey1.jpg

32018_silkiesgrey3.jpg

I think these 2 blues are pullets. 4mths
32018_silkiesltbl3.jpg

32018_silkiesltbl2.jpg

32018_silkiesb3.jpg

32018_silkiesb2.jpg

Let me know what all you silkie experts think!
Thanks!

Number 1, your 5mth cuckoo - i agree that it is a roo.

Number 2, your 4mth splash - probably a roo, those streamers tend to suggest so. Man, is he pretty!

Number 3, your other 4mth splash - i think is a pullet.

Number 4, your 4 mth blue - looks like a pullet to me. What a cutie!

Number 5 and 6, your whites - my guess would be pullet on the right in the rear and roo on the left in the front.

Number 7, your one with the strange coloring - definitely roo. Hard to tell by the pic, is it shaded grey or lavender?

Number 8 and 9, your 2 blues - i agree they are pullets.

Wow, that was fun!

Wow! I guess I've learned alot from this forum. Thanks everyone. As to the strange colored one, I think it's more grey. His dad was a cuckoo. The breeder said he had the markings of a partridge when he hatched and the spot behind the neck that says cuckoo. I'm not real good with genetics so I really don't get it. I ordered 5 cuckoo and got 2, one died in transit and the other two turned out white. And then this one. I think I'll order eggs next time. He's a pretty boy though so I think I'll keep him.

1. Cuckoo Roo
2. Splash Roo
3. Splash Possibly Pullet
4. Blue Pullet
5 White Roo in the Front; White Pullet in background
7. Strange Color Roo
8. Blue Pullet
9. Blue Pullet

Thanks! I can't believe how accurate I was. Except for the blue that has been slow to feather. I'm still a not sure about that one. But I hope your all right about her being a her! I have more whites that I didn't get so if the sun comes out tomorrow I'll take some more pics.

Back
Top Bottom