SILKIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you located I have a splash rooster..well hes still young, about 3 months. Hes really pretty, and great feet feathering, but I only need one roo, so hes got to go!

sw Missouri, according to previous posts.

Jody

Quote:
Would you please post a pic of the roo? I have 3 splash silkies and one blue that i am trying so hard to sex. They are 3 1/2 months old. The only think i see so far is the tails feather on 2 are looking like they are filling in like a roo but none have any comb or waddles. I thought a pic of yours might help me know
fl.gif

I will try to get a picture tomorrow if I can. I do not have anything recent of him. I have another boy who is partridge, and both of them I can tell very easily. They have the streamers coming out in the crest and tail, getting small waddles, and have quite a big comb. The other one..the only girl I have is very petite, no comb, no waddles, or anything. Post some pictures of yours if you can, and we will all try and help decide.

Here is one. Its really hard to get good pics of them, they move so fast. I'll try to get some better ones too. Check back tomorrow evening. I'll get DH to help me hold them still
roll.png

DSC_0306.jpg

here is another one.....

DSC_0313.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty, yes definately try and get some good close ups of the face if you can. I have found that if you have a hard surface to set them, you first pick them up, and swirl them in the air. Just gently, it seems to confuse them...or with mine it does, then I just set them down realy quick and snap the picture and they always turn out pretty good. Good luck!

Quote:
Noooooooooo
hit.gif

Seriously....i think 2 are boys......@ 3 1/2 months i have never seen any roo behavior. They have the most feathered feet i have ever seen on a silkie....so i was hoping it was because of the extra fluffyness that 2 had extra fluffy tails. If not, then its boy feathers.

Sorry to further hijack the post from that nice person looking for eggs, but Lurky, i honestly think you have all girls. Our kids are about the same age. Let me show you what i have.

Here is Sta-Puff, exactly 15-1/2 weeks, he has been crowing for weeks, and just started the "Dance of Love" last couple of days. No doubt on gender here.
stapuff-1.jpg

Then there is Mr. Bobble. He is 14-1/2 weeks old. Just started crowing.
bobble-1.jpg

Here is Mr. Bobble in the back, with two girls in the front.
buffs.jpg

Here are two girls.
girls.jpg

Here is Buttercup, one of my favorite little girls.
buttercup-2.jpg

Keep in mind, i am only an expert in my own backyard. There are some longtime silkie folk here that know tons more than me. i clearly have two roos. (My other two obvious roos have been adopted out. They were very obvious even earlier on.) No one else is crowing or acting like a dude.

Back
Top Bottom