Silkies

I just got two silkies today and they are 3 months. We also got two, itty bitty Black Sex Links and instantly my one silkie took over mothering them. It is precious!

I have two silkies that have taken in a little Fioumis. He was very beat up and tiny! I know they are little, but this poor guy is tiny. He is almost 3 months old and smaller then my 2 month old silkies. In about 3 weeks my hatchlings will be bigger. Anyways we named the little Fioumis Petrie, as he looks like the teradactyle off Land before time. Let me mention he was rescued from a different coop. Anyways my two silkies lay on different sides of Petrie at night and he snuggles down into them. I did have the three with my 10 hatchlings but the Thing 1&2 the black silkies weren't very nice to my baby turkey. Any thoughts?

I had 2 silkies about a year ago, but one when he was little died, he was to small to go on
hit.gif
. But now i have a very pretty small silkie hen! She is so tuff, she don't let no one peck on here, and last year she was trying out for being a broody hen! I'm so proud of her!

Hello everyone! I stumbled upon this thread and was hoping you could help give me some input on the sex of two of my white silkies..

They are 6.5 weeks old ...
Here are a few pictures of the two as a pair:
I think the one on the left is a pullet and the one on the right a cockerel

left pullet right cockerel?

left pullet right cockerel:

Suspected pullet:

Suspected Cockerel or MAYBE pullet:

please let me know what your thoughts are
smile.png

I think they are still too young to tell gender. They could go either way at this point :)
I have Silkies that are almost 4 months old and am still trying to figure them out!

Hey Blondie. I think your right. Left pullet right cockerel. It almost looks like his wattles are starting to come in on the right. here over the next few weeks the male will grow his wattles out first and his comb will be double the size of the pullets.
I think the one on the left is a pullet and the one on the right a cockerel

please let me know what your thoughts are
smile.png

Hi! Can anyone take a look and see if it is more clear what the sex of my silkies is? Here is a video. The dirty one (not sure how it manages to get dirty and stay dirty) is friendly and got up close with the camera while my other one (we call it The Clean One) is very shy.
Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom