silkies

Nope, both genders of Silkies have feathers on their feet and legs. The amount of feathering varies depending on the individual bird and its genetics, but all purebred Silkies should have feathered feet/legs. Only Silkie mixes may have non feathered legs; however, whether they are feathered or not has nothing to do with gender.

That's what I thought kind of a funny question but my daughter said she read it in one of my mom's chicken magazine I just think she doesn't want me to get rid of one of my baby silkies if its a rooster I think two of them may be I cant really tell yet

Do NOT assume any of your silkies are roosters when they are still young! You really never know with these little buggers.

With my first silkies, I thought the boy was a girl and the girl was a boy for the longest time! I went back and forth so many times and now I have a beautiful, kind rooster and two pretty little hens.

Anyway, post pictures here as they grow up. I have the thread subscribed now and will give you my opinion on sex if you post pics when they're a bit older. The YOUNGEST I think you can start making guesses (not 90% sure until even older though- but it's always fun to get peoples' takes as they get older) is about 10 weeks- though some roosters will start crowing by 8 weeks.

What age is a good age to start feeding my babies regular feed my chicks are about 8 weeks old
By regular feed, do you mean layer feed? If not, what do you mean? Chicks should either be fed starter feed and then grower feed, or just starter feed, until they begin to lay (or reach about 18 weeks old). If you feed layer feed earlier than that, it will damage them.

By regular feed, do you mean layer feed? If not, what do you mean? Chicks should either be fed starter feed and then grower feed, or just starter feed, until they begin to lay (or reach about 18 weeks old). If you feed layer feed earlier than that, it will damage them.
X2

Back
Top Bottom