Silliest thing you've done for your chickens...I'll start...

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

The mental images are killin me
gig.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
This is one of the best stories I have EVER read on here-OK not so much for you and your mom, but absolutely hysterical.
The goose slip and slide description is awesome.
gig.gif

Ok so here is mine and have pics to prove it, hehe,so we get the new coop up with the run.. it is getting dark and the hens and roo arent going in , so i get all worried and tell dh i need to go in there(the run is 8x8 and only about 4 ft high, hunny forgot to put a door in the run so i had to climb through the little coop door, so i proceed to go through the door and almost get stuck by my but hehe had to jimmy through, k so made it through of course i have crawled through chicken poop(still dont know why they ha to poop on the little board coming out of coop to run), so i have hubby get in the coop(that is 8x8 and 8 ft tall lucky hubby)have him shut coop door and everytime i get a chicken i knock on door and he opens it, and in goes a chicken. mean while i am hunched over chasing chickens, because how dare momma invade our space hehe, so finally get them all in, and of course with me chasing them more poop on the little board going into coop. so i proceed to go through said tiny little hole, and get stuck, with some puling from hubby and much laughter from everyone there(sis, brother in law, kids) i made it through poop covered and no dignity left. so later i was telling my friend who has had chickens and she said "Ann they will go in when it gets dark, you dont have to go out there and put them in" well my sister the whole time is taking pics with her cell, and here they are, me in the coop, and me with my feet sticking out little door........

they are a little blurry cause sis was laughing so hard hehe

37855_1344075797590_1102101947_30761576_4204191_n.jpg

39627_1344078037646_1102101947_30761584_2734140_n.jpg

38817_1344076877617_1102101947_30761582_6435753_n.jpg

my MIL and I took my oldest boy to an animal sale last yr. we drove my stationwagon. well MIL and I pick up 15 chicken, 2 ducks and son gets a rabbit. well rabbit has free roam of the car, ran out of boxes. when we stop for food and i'm looking out the window of the diner laughing cause all the birds are looking around all u can see is there heads. then every now and then the rabbit would pop up. it was a fun drive home.
I've had my chickens in the basement, kid's rooms ,and sewing room. I planted them a garden.

laughaha, that is the absolutely MOST funny story that I've heard in a very long time! I love the line about your mom dry-heaving and the guys at the feed store. Oh you have me in stitches!!!
lau.gif

Thanks so much for sharing that one.
wee.gif

The silliest thing I've done isn't all that silly as much as it was a hassle. The day I picked up my chicks, we received a notice of a planned 24 hour-plus power outage. It was just our city, so my mom said I could take them to my parents' business overnight so they wouldn't have to be without heat. Of course, I had to take my truck (anything else would be too easy) and I couldn't put them in the back (no canopy or tailgate) and the front has about zero space to begin with (google 65 ford econoline truck) so here I am with this giant dog crate full of chicks that barely fits and is wobbling all over the place with every stop. I don't think I've ever heard so much peeping in my life. Everyone got a kick out of having chicks at the office, though.

I have one...not chicken but pig. I got a little piglet from a farm, a couple years of living with dogs she was just like a dog. (chased cars, especailly the pizza delivery kid in a little red truck) She grew to about 650-700 lbs, one big sow. When we moved we did not have a horse/stock trailer to move LuLu. We borrower small trailer with 4 sides about 4' tall, open top. I did not want LuLu to be afraid so I told DH that I would rice in the back with her. She was a little scared, but nothing too bad...as we went out on to the highway speed got up to about 45-50 mph. The wind was whipping around in this "wooden box on wheels". LuLu peed...and the piss started blowing around in the box. A pig that size can pee quite alot and it was all blowing around in a big circle inside the box. I could not stand up because it is illegal to ride in a trailer like that, so I faced my nose and face straight up to the sky and lifted myself up just enough to grap some fresh air. Grab a breath and back down into the piss-tornado.

As we pulled into the new farm I stood up. At the time I had long brown hair down to the middle of my back. It was litterally standing on end from being soaked and then blown dry with pee! I was COVERED with dried pee and my hair bushed out and fileld with pee and straw. I looked like a banshee from hell! I will never forget the look on my husbands face....his eyes widened and he started laughing and did not stop until he was just about crying.

For my chickens, I dig them up worms just about daily. I go into thier run and turn over the soil with a shovel so they can find bugs and worms.

Margot in SW Michgan

gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Ooooh! I love these stories! Makes what I do seem quite normal.
gig.gif

ETA: The goose story reminds me of the time we took our emu chicks on the road. Nearly as stinky and chaotic!

Last edited:
I certainly can't compete with your stories, but we are building a new coop and just as the plywood went down on the foundation, our neighbor asked if we were building a platform to watch the chickens on. He knows I'm a nut for my chickies!

Back
Top Bottom