Silly ?? Can I give them steak? Bone and all?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Just gonna be me and the boys - Jax & Kane, our GSDs - on Christmas Day; DH is working.

We give them raw beef from time to time and plenty of raw bones, chicken and beef.

Can they each have a t-bone? Or is the tip of the T too sharp?

Way too sharp.
wink.png

Not a T bone, bone! to many sharp edges all the way around.... Mine would just try to swallow whole!!!

I have given all of my dogs ( including my working sheep dogs, Rottwielers, and Champion producing Boxers) T-bone bones as well as any and all types of bones for 6 decades and never had a Vet visit much less any problems.

Well our boys have gotten lots of raw beef bones, usually a leg bone from the processor.

Hmmm, everyones divided. Maybe I should give them ribeyes instead. Not that they can tell the diff. between a ribeye and a straight sirloin.

Quote:
My opinion comes from what I've seen as a tech at an emergency clinic - obviously you can do what you want, but my dogs don't get bones of any kind...just seen too many sick or injured dogs from them...
hmm.png

If I denied my dogs everything that they might hurt there selves on they would be in a padded box. They don't get cooked bird bones but they can have anything else. If I was going to give a dog a stake I would cook it enough to sear the outside but still be raw inside.

Back
Top Bottom