Silly phobias that linger from childhood? Clowns are a given O_O

Red headed sisters! Evil is as evil does.
rant.gif

slugs, esp banana slugs. But mostly Toads. not frogs, just toads, because they are ugly to me, covered in gross warts and they flop around and can be hiding under things and surprise you...I also dont like heights, but can deal, just get a little dizzy, and also dont like flying and driving over bridges. I think it has to do with feeling out of control. I dont watch/read creepy things for a reason, those things stay in your subconscious forever!

Quote:
I can relate! My family teases me because snakes, mice, etc., don't bother me a bit, but a tiny hopper, cricket, or any bug that flies with it's legs dangling down can send me screaming. I played with bugs when I was little, never meant them no harm, and was never afraid of them. My turning point was when I was flying my 100th june bug on a string and instead of it flying away from me while I chased behind, it turned and flew into me, several times, while I screamed and kept trying to run away. Never saw bugs the same after that. Except lady bugs, but then....

Then there was the time as an adult on the way back from the plant nursery after picking up a container of 1200 lady bugs...with my young son riding in the back seat...he asked if he could hold the container so he could watch the lady bugs through the screened top. No problem. A few more miles down the freeway I notice a couple of lady bugs on the inside of the windshield, then more, then more...looked in the review mirror to see him mortified in the back seat and covered in lady bugs. Kids will be kids...he opened the container and out they flew. Lady bugs are cute but 1200 crawling all over you are hideous.

When I was little, I had to get blood drawn. I still have to get it twice a year. However, one time the stupid hospital had a lab tech student work on me. I was probably about five and he stuck me the needle about 15 times. Finally, I was crying too much and my mom realized what they were doing and threw a fit! Someone who knew what they were doing came over and got blood on the first try. That experience really scarred me for life though! I still HATE getting blood drawn and I get worked up just about every time, especially if they have to stick me more than once.

Quote:
When I was pregnant with my daughter I had to have IVs two or three times a week, I gradually got used to it. I would LET the medical students work on me. They have to practice on someone right? And I was so used to it that it didn't bother me for them to dig around for 30 minutes.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom