silly polish

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lovinlife, Mar 12, 2011.

1. lovinlife

lovinlife Songster

I have two Polish babies, one white and one white crested black. They're so cute! The black has a lopsided crest and it's just hilarious. Looks like her wig is on sideways.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The feathers are growing to the left, which causes them to appear lopsided.
    [​IMG]

And my white, I think she's white. She's a bit dirty right now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can anyone confirm they are both pullets?

2. taprock

taprock Songster

Nov 1, 2010
    Northern L.P. Michigan
    So cute! Bcw looks like a pullet but I'm not sure on the white. It looks a lot like one of ours that ended up a roo. Check the feather tips it's hard to tell with all white if they are pointed.

3. TwoByTwo

TwoByTwo In the Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    Western KY
    Oh they are adorable [​IMG] I have five polish eggs due to hatch on the 19th. I can't wait this will be out first polish babies. They should be WCB with a possible white. After seeing your little white one I want one sooo bad. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  4. OMG.. I just fell off my chair laughing!!!! i ordered a pair of blue polish from Meyers. Ihope they look that cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Paraclete

Paraclete In the Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Norco
    Lol that hair is so funny. [​IMG] Your bottom pics remind me of chocobos from Final Fantasy.
    [​IMG]

6. lovinlife

lovinlife Songster

Quote:Thanks! Do you mean the feather tips on the crest? The crest on the white one isn't as full as the WCB. I really don't want a roo. Really.

7. Mak

Mak Songster

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    That may be a roo. I have one hen and one roo, and the roo's crest never looked as full as the hen's when they were chicks. If it stays with that "wild, unruly" look, I'd bet you have a roo. Watch the tail feathers, too, as they get longer. I noticed the defintie long, downward curve on mine long before I could see the pointed hackle and saddle feathers.

8. Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot Songster

Jan 25, 2011
    Austria
    you could try carding the feathers.

Take a bit of dark card and hold it to the chicks hackles, so that a couple fall on top of the card. you'll be able to see if they're pointed or rounded. It might be hard to tell as they look pretty young. You can card at around 6-8 weeks.

9. Bear88

Bear88 Songster

Jul 21, 2009
    Gold Coast
    [​IMG]
    just to die for they are soooo cute. I hope I can find one one day [​IMG]
    they should be in movies

10. lovinlife

lovinlife Songster

I think I'll try the carding and will also try taking pics of the white against a black background. The camera didn't know what to focus on with the white chick against the white towel.

These two chicks have gotten all sorts of crazy comments on facebook from my non-chicky friends. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: