silly polish

lovinlife

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Deep in the heart of Texas
I have two Polish babies, one white and one white crested black. They're so cute! The black has a lopsided crest and it's just hilarious. Looks like her wig is on sideways.

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

The feathers are growing to the left, which causes them to appear lopsided.
IMG_0936.jpg

And my white, I think she's white. She's a bit dirty right now.
IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

Can anyone confirm they are both pullets?

So cute! Bcw looks like a pullet but I'm not sure on the white. It looks a lot like one of ours that ended up a roo. Check the feather tips it's hard to tell with all white if they are pointed.

Oh they are adorable
droolin.gif
I have five polish eggs due to hatch on the 19th. I can't wait this will be out first polish babies. They should be WCB with a possible white. After seeing your little white one I want one sooo bad.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
That may be a roo. I have one hen and one roo, and the roo's crest never looked as full as the hen's when they were chicks. If it stays with that "wild, unruly" look, I'd bet you have a roo. Watch the tail feathers, too, as they get longer. I noticed the defintie long, downward curve on mine long before I could see the pointed hackle and saddle feathers.

you could try carding the feathers.

Take a bit of dark card and hold it to the chicks hackles, so that a couple fall on top of the card. you'll be able to see if they're pointed or rounded. It might be hard to tell as they look pretty young. You can card at around 6-8 weeks.

I think I'll try the carding and will also try taking pics of the white against a black background. The camera didn't know what to focus on with the white chick against the white towel.

These two chicks have gotten all sorts of crazy comments on facebook from my non-chicky friends.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom