Silver Appleyard hens

sonjab314

Constant State of Confusion
13 Years
May 15, 2010
Missouri
I have 2 that I hatched 07-15-10. I noticed one of my drakes was performing "husbandly" duties the other day. My question is, how old are the hens when they start to lay eggs?

My SA's started laying at about 7 to 8 months.
smile.png

Thank you very much for the info. Mine are 6 months old. I figured they were still a tad too young. I hope when Spring hits, my girls will start.

I have 2 pekin females that were born about 2 weeks before your SA's and one just started laying two weeks ago...nothing from the other one yet so there is still hope for you that they might soon! It was a pleasant surprise to find as I didn't think they would start when it was so cold!

Quote:
I have 6 Appleyards 3boys and 3 girls, hatched 10/15 they are huge monsters already.

Your Appleyards may suprise you and start laying soon. My 3 Campbells born about same time as your Appleyards are all laying now, one of the three started laying in November last year.

Mine are huge too and quite comical. While I'm watering them, one of the drakes always tried to eat the water from the hose and gets me all wet. Happens everytime.

Quote:
my little scovy girl does that too. she likes to help clean the pool. she gets the worms on the bottom and then when i fill it up she gets the little air bubbles and my fingers. eventually she goes for the water that comes out of the hose and then goes insane and i get a bath too LOL. she also puts her head under the food that i try to put in their bowl but usually bounces off her head LOL

Back
Top Bottom