Silver 'Dotte Roo or Pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CourtneyMB, May 27, 2012.

1. CourtneyMB

CourtneyMB In the Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    My 5 and 1/2 week old dotte Blanche. She's my favorite out of my 10 babies but there's something suspicious about her wattles forming already. Granted she is a hatchery chick and is definitely not up to breed standards, but I'm a worry wart and it's been bothering me.

What do you guys think? Roo or pullet?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. TinkyFeathers

TinkyFeathers Chirping

Nov 13, 2011
    I would say rooster. When my speckled sussex, Zeus, was that age. He had those big meaty legs and roosterish look too. But maybe I'm wrong. I'm no expert! :p Wait I just looked again and the comb isn't that big... I don't know. I'm going to go with rooster though.

3. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Songster

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    She's too young to be making any final decisions, but I'd say you have a pullet. Post new pictures in a couple weeks or so and we'll tell you what we think then [​IMG]

4. CourtneyMB

Mar 14, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Oh I so hope you are right Peeka. No offense Feathers but I don't need another rooster around my farm. [​IMG] I agree it is a bit early, but I love her so and I would hate for "him" to compete with our brahma roo.

5. CourtneyMB

Mar 14, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Turns out 'it's' a she!! :)

[​IMG]

6. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Songster

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Wow, she's stunning!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: