Silver Duckwing Bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Joy Irwin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. slicklips

slicklips In the Brooder

Aug 2, 2015
    maryland
    So this breed females can have crowns mine does

2. kpramsey

kpramsey In the Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    Just curious how your Silver Duckwing Bantam(s) did over the winter. We have two tiny little girls, one a Mille Fleur OEG Bantam and one a Silver Duckwing OEG Bantam. They are so sweet and smart -- they have quickly become my favorites. I, too, am worried about them in the Virginia winters. Their little legs are so tiny and thin, and they prefer to roost in their outdoor-but-enclosed pen at night, crazy girls. I can't get them to be indoor sleepers, no matter what I try, so I'm particularly worried that they'll get too cold at night. Did yours fare well?

3. KathyDS

KathyDS Hatching

May 8, 2018
    Rachel was my favorite chicken and the nicest Silver Duckwing you could meet:). Unfortunately I lost her this week -- no sign of her at all which is devastating:hit. I got her when she was 2 years old and had her for 3 additional years. Does anyone know where I can find another hen? I live in Sussex County NJ. I appreciate any recommendations...

4. mosse71

mosse71 Songster

Oct 18, 2016
    n. maine
    i have a male and female oeg silver duckwings i picked out of a assorted bantam bin at tsc. they are about 10 months old and well under a lb. I'm going to breed them this spring and sell the chicks as pets. they are both super tame and allow us to handle them. they are calm and inquisitive. even more so than my silkies. I'm in n. Maine and we hit -35f every winter and these guys handled it just fine in a uninsulated, unheated kids playhouse converted to a coop with 4 other bantams in there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: